Y reg 2.0 petrol lifetime?

I have a y reg 2.0 petrol estate that's done 130k now. I have had it serviced regularly and it's in good order.

(I know this is very open ended but...) How long would this generation of car last for?

There are no bad signs of rust etc (yet). I'm playing trying to play the old 'guess the best trade-in/replace' time guessing game.

What sort of mileage do people get out of this car?

Thanks,

Stu

german motors seem to go on for donkeys, obviosly things will wear out and need replaceing, brakes, suspension, clutch and all other components of the car, alot depends how well it maintained and driven. I would have thourght you may get 200,000 out of the engine if its well serviced etc, i know a taxi firm which use octavia TDi's and some of his cars have 340,000 on the clock and are still running ok, obviosly the TDi's will live longer than the petrols but you should still get a fair few more miles out of her yet.

I had a J reg(1992) VW Golf 1.8cl petrol that I bought a 5 years old and sold at 12 with 180000. Gave it a hard life but maintained it well, was very reliable.

I know it's not a skoda but kinda similar.

I do however think that components are now built down to a cost a do not last as long as even my Mk3 Golf.

Engines/transmission will last other stuff will fail if my Octy is anything to go by.

I'd say you'd get 250k out of the engine before you'd need to have major work done to it.

But it'll be the rest of the car which may wear out well before then, like suspension, clutches etc.