Hi to all Briskoda'rers?

Hunter

Hi every one, just thought I'd be decent and introduce myself to the community, I'm a lad of 18 (soon to be 19) and was born and live in the south-east of England.

Firstly, how did I find the website? Well for starters, almost every time I search for something related to Skoda, this website is included in the results so I guess you lot have an answer to everything eh? :thumbup: But my dad actually used this forum a long time ago which is how I know of it.

Secondly, I haven't actually got a Skoda just yet, I own a VW Polo 1.3CL (Cheap on insurance as I'm 18)

However my parents own Skoda's (as do half of my family :rofl:) and have done for about the last 5 years. My dad owned an Octavia vRS (black) for about 2 years (damn how he doesn't stop going on about how he wishes he kept it). He had that remapped and the results were 228bhp (I forget the torque). He then bought a Fabia vRS (black and black tinted windows) and had that remapped to 187bhp. I've actually driven it a couple of times and damn does it shift, traction kicks in 1st and 2nd gears. Amazing car, I'd love for my insurance to be cheaper as I wouldn't think twice about buying one.

My mum bought an Octavia L&K (130bhp, Silvery-blue) and they recently both swapped cars as they were actually paying for each others insurance. So that's the story. I hope to be getting myself the Fabia 1.9TDi (100bhp) in July and having that remapped to around 135bhp within a few months to follow but I will soon be looking for lots of advice on performance upgrades (what to and what not to do) and visual upgrades, so heads up everyone and thanks in advance! :handshke:

:rofl: Thanks for the comments about the intro, Briskodians, thanks for the correction :rolleyes:

I forgot to add that the vRS we own is actually from the first batch of Fabia vRS's into the UK :P

I test drove my auntie's Fabia 1.9TDi today and then drove my mums vRS back home, I think I have almost made my mind up, I am currently paying £1800 annually for my VW Polo, once I have my first years no claims I can get the Fabia for just £1200 annually. I am taking my Pass+ in a couple of weeks so that should knock off a few hundred so I will pay less than 1k, so effectively the extra cash knocked off from taking a pass plus, should cover having the car re-mapped and a new set of alloys (hopefully). I know it's a lot, my aunt pays £187 and gets £50 back for diesel every year but she's more experienced.

Thanks fellow Briskodians (I hope I can say that, being a newbie and all) :thumbup: