skoda holiday/disaster

well im awaiting for the garage to contact me to see what the insurance says.

i was thinkin about sayin i was willing to contribute some of the costs in order to prevent it being a write off but didn't know if it was allowed or not.

ill keep you updated... loving the replies!

its been my first bump/accident ever and it wasnt even my fault... so all this insurance work.info is good advice...

cheers guys

Never forget that they want to save money so anything which means they pay out less, be it a write off settlement or a lower repair bill, should be warmly welcomed, it's simply a matter of coming to an agreement.

Don't forget whichever way it goes if it was the other drivers fault, and they admitted so or you can prove it, then you need to get your excess back from them because until you do it will be down against you as a claim and affect your NCB.

If you have a legal benefits add-on to your insurance then they will persue this on your behalf, plus any other uninsured losses, car hire, phone calls, storage etc. anything you've had to spend as a direct consequence of the accident, but don't hold your breath.

A few years back I was involved in a total loss accident which was 100% not my fault and it took 2 years to recover my excess. Fortunately I had protected NCB but if I hadn't I would have been paying higher premiums for that time. At only 20 years old you cannot afford to have write off's on your record :eek:

If you end up paying higher premiums until it is all sorted then find out the difference it is making and add it to your uninsured losses total.

well shes straight up admitted it and her insurance has contacted me saying this wont affect my ncb and it wont cost me a thing.... but all in all its cost me my first decent car!!!!!!

update.... looking like my octy is being written off! the car is being further stripped to see for further damage. garage says its boarderline on wirtten off for value of car.

only bloody drove this car a week and 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!

****!

not just me having some bad news then, sorry mate. at least your safe:) congrats on it getting repaired!:D