Nightbreakers!!!

Darren260403

Hello people, i have just ordered a set of these for my Octy & just wondered who else had them fitted already & their thoughts on them? Would any of you say that the 80% increase in light is justified or is it only marginally better than the originals if not at all?

Regards.....:thumbup:

I'm currently running the Nightbreakers in H4 fitment. Comparing them to the Mondeo which had separate bulbs for dipped (H7) and main (H1), my impressions are that the Nightbreakers are on a par with the Philips Xtremes +80% for dipped, but I don't think they're as good as the Philips Rallye 100W bulbs I had for main beam.

Definitely a significant improvement over OEM! :thumbup:

Chris

Right lads/ladettes, have the new Night Breakers in my possesion & am eager to get them onto my Octy. Only one problem & that seems to be releasing the wiring harness from the headlight so i can take the headlight unit straight off & change the bulbs in the comfort of my house?

I've looked at VRStu's website on how to take these headlights out but am really struggling to disconnect this wiring unit? Any advice is well appreciated!!! :thumbup:

Got these bulbs for my mothers car and definatly a vast improvment over standard bulb, they give a very white light (not HID white) but definaly needs a second look to comifirm they arnt HID.

Would defuiantly recomend theses bulbs, speccialy when ordered from powerbulbs with the Freedom member discount! :thumbup:

Thanks to all for your thoughts & advice! Have managed to get the headlight units off now but the idiot that i am ordered the wrong bulbs? H4 instead of H1 as i have Xenons fitted!!

Have ordered the new H1's for main beam & as soon as i have them & have been fitted i'll try & get some pics on here, although i must warn you all, photography is not my forte?

While the units were apart i did replace the sidelights with the ones that came with the Night Breakers (a bit of an improvement) & i also had some Halfrauds super brilliance bulbs (supposed to be 50% brighter) spare so thought i'd pop those in for now until the new ones arrive! Have made a difference but am still eager to get the new ones all the same! Thanks again....:thumbup:

Hello mate, do you think the Nightbreakers when fitted wouldn't make a noticable difference over the super brilliance ones then?

I agree you will see a difference, but whether it is worth it with the now lighter evenings I don't know. I would just run the halfords bulbs and then when they pop get some of the nightbreakers etc.

A lot of the effect depends on your lights as well as the bulbs.

WOW!!!! Is all i can say! That's gotta be the best £15 i've ever spent on an upgrade! Having put in some super brilliance jobbies from Halfrauds i had laying about i was wondering if i'd notice the difference between those & these new nightbreakers! Well the company couldn't be done under the trades description act that's for sure because in my opinion they certainly turned night into day (over exaggerating just a tad)!

A phenomenal difference over the factory main beam bulbs!!

Now i can certainly tell that i've got my main beam on as before with the xenon dipped lights on i couldn't really tell because of the brightness of the xenons! No more, well worth it IMHO!!!! :thumbup: