Tailpipe Design

Help me make my mind up please.

The story goes that i can get an exhaust cheaper by looking for a Bora 1.8t exhaust rather than a Octy MK1 VRS as there are more people catering for VDubs than Skoda.

I have found a full stainless cat back exhuast for £130 brand new on ebay but it only comes with twin 3" round tailpipes not a 6" x 3" flat oval similar to the standard MK1 VRS tailpipe.

I would apreciate your opinions on whether it will look any good or not.

The MK2 Octy VRS has twin pipes which look fine but will it look odd on a MK1?

Opinions please

Hi

Must admit never liked the twin pipe on the Mk1 always prefered a single outlet.

Mines a 6x3 but similar to the zorst on the Astra VXR,cat back on mine cost £300 at Exhausts Uk in Sheffield this was custom built. Just remember the old saying you get what you pay for:thumbup:

Steve

Very true.

The exhausts are from 2fast2cool2 on ebay. I heard from some scobby guys that some of their stuff is alright.

But i have also read some posts on here saying thier manifolds were rubbish.

VW BORA GTi 20V TURBO TDi DIESEL CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Apr-08 00:21:08 BST)

What do you reckon?

jeez their manifolds are cheap VW GOLF GTi 20V AUDI A3 TT LEON Turbo Exhaust Manifold on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Apr-08 09:32:57 BST)

Dunno about the quality though :rolleyes:

With regards to the exhaust, its made from T304 stainless so should be ok.You have just gotta decide if the tail pipes are for you.

Personally i prefer the oval.

Aparently exactly the same apart from some Bora Exhausts are designed to exit under their rear bumper rather than through a cut-out like on the Octy so they sit lower but this one on Ebay has the hanger coming off at an angle. Heat it up bend it a little more and hey presto finishes at correct height for VRS

twin rounds look really nice on a mk1.

dont think ovals suit the styling of the car atall.

but more of an oblong shape, like standard, obviously does suit the car.

the current milltek oval is too oval for my liking! give it some corners or make it into 2 rounders!

just my opinion so dont get angry...

I've had a downpipe from them - VW GOLF GTi BEETLE CUPRA OCTAVIA A3 20v TURBO DE CAT on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Apr-08 22:58:49 BST) - the quality is first class (I only paid £90 for mine at the time though lol). I cut the resonator box out and fitted a sports cat in its place.

Very true.

The exhausts are from 2fast2cool2 on ebay. I heard from some scobby guys that some of their stuff is alright.

But i have also read some posts on here saying thier manifolds were rubbish.

VW BORA GTi 20V TURBO TDi DIESEL CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Apr-08 00:21:08 BST)

What do you reckon?

Here are some pictures i took on my phone of the Exhaust pre install.

Got to think of a good excuse before i fit it. I am supposed to be saving spending money for our holiday i dont think the wife will be impressed i am replacing my perfectly good exhaust

20814.attach

20815.attach

Looks good,as long as it is not to noisy your wife might not notice,mine didn't,well not until some nice person dipped into our bank account and swmbo had to trawl through the bank statements to see if there was any other fraudulent transactions,and found out I had bought a nice new Jetex exhaust.

Good luck:thumbup: