newbie - Fabia vRS info

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a Fabia vRS, I've used the search button but can't find some info.

What is the difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 vRS? Am I correct when I say Mk1 is up to end of 2003 and Mk2 is 2004 - 2007?

Thanks,

Adam

There isn't a MK2 Fabia vRS yet.

MKII Fabia was a radical new design as shown in the recent cake adverts.

There was a facelift for the MK1 Fabia vRS which is normally most easily identified by the different rear lights.

Not quite. There are some mechanical changes too - most obviously the different gear ratios for cars with 54-plates onwards, and the EU4 engines (generally more powerful but also sometimes stuttery) for cars with 06-plates onwards... :)

PS: The facelift came in with the 54-plate. I know as I held off on ordering mine until the it came in! :thumbup:

Not quite. There are some mechanical changes too - most obviously the different gear ratios for cars with 54-plates onwards, and the EU4 engines (generally more powerful but also sometimes stuttery) for cars with 06-plates onwards... :)

PS: The facelift came in with the 54-plate. I know as I held off on ordering mine until the it came in! :thumbup:

I have a facelifted 54 plate, what was the change in gear ratios for then?

Does it affect 6th gear? (Mine will run at about 2150rpm @ 70mph)

Ben

Can't remember the exact details off the top of my head, but IIRC, the ratios are slightly wider-spaced, which makes for a slightly slower 0-60, but lower revs at high speeds... :thumbup:

hi, as stated above the earlier cars had slightly different gear ratios, longer, so maybe a little less acceleration but a bit better mpg.

did the early cars have a rear middle lap belt.. or am i making that up..

cheers matt

It was only the very early vrs's that got the older style box, 53 plate and early 04 plates, my vrs is an 04 with the newer ratio box as is my friends:thumbup:

Thanks for your replies.

I was just double checking there was no significant changes that fixed mechanical faults etc?

Speaking of which are there many common faults, and anything to look out for when viewing (apart from the obvious when viewing any car)?

Thanks for your replies.

I was just double checking there was no significant changes that fixed mechanical faults etc?

Speaking of which are there many common faults, and anything to look out for when viewing (apart from the obvious when viewing any car)?

good service history

console bushes splitting

front roll bar collars breaking

uneven tyre wear , front and rear

wet carpets

check the clutch action , especially check for slipping on a road test

hi, as stated above the earlier cars had slightly different gear ratios, longer, so maybe a little less acceleration but a bit better mpg.

did the early cars have a rear middle lap belt.. or am i making that up..

cheers matt

I think the earler ones had the lap belt, but I think this was the first ones built. Mine is a 54 plate and has the 3 point belt.

Ben