Presenting my Octi: what do you guys think?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not hard at all... you'll have to remove the plastic transparent cover (obviously) which is a bit tricky but there is a manual on how to do it when you buy the rings from Milotec...

cheers

B

if by "pod" you mean the unit itself then no, only the transparent plastic cover... I think you can download the installation manual from the Milotec site so you can have a look how that needs to be removed...

rings took me approx 30 minutes to install so no rocket science there :D

cheers

B

you can always try a photoshop to see how they would look, or open a seperate topic here... I'm sure one of the UK members has these as well and maybe they'll be able to post a picture

I like them because they're subtle... they don't stand out and you would never guess they aren't OEM unless you know the Milotec product range off course :P

cheers

B

Look veeery nice on these wheels! Respect. :thumbup:

BTW, how does the car feel on the road? Is it comfortable enough, rock hard, or? I have Eibach Pro -30 springs on mine and I'm obviously considering putting 17" wheels but I'm a bit concerned how will that reflect on my lower back. :) and the car of course... :)

well mine isn't lowered currently... with the 17" wheels and 225/45 tyres I didn't notice any change in comfort... the 225/40/18 is a little harder but defenitly not uncomfortable...

I'm thinking of a 30-35mm drop as well, so make sure to share pictures and experiences when you have yours done... :thumbup:

Cheers

Berre

I can tell you right away that a very good thing to do would be to change springs and shock absorbers together. It's not necessary of course, but a good thing to do. The reason is that, at least as I have noticed, that the old shocks are under greater strain from shorter springs so they'll wear out faster, plus you'll be hearing a squeak or two from them on bumps.

• 1 year later...

mini-update:

back to original frontgrille + US lights 2.0 (uslights.nl) + Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (quick half hour job)

I must say that the mirror effect on the car is much much better irl.... autoglym rules !!

On the last pic the bottom of the car was a bit damp and dirty again :-)

results:

200248.jpg

200347.jpg

200440.jpg

200538.jpg

200635.jpg

cheers

B

Edited by berre

• 5 years later...

small update (but a lot of work :D ): I have fitted flush mount parking sensors... modded them a a bit so that they are practically invisible!

Only @ the rear for the moment, when I have some spare time I'll do the front as well

For anyone who might be interested; I made a howto about it: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/400229-almost-invisible-parking-sensors-howto/

Cheers

B