What's the best mileage for a Superb?

Hi, wanted to find out what's the best mileage and longest distance ever traveled on a full tank base on a Superb 1.8T with stage 1 firmware update to 195hp.

I have hit 13.5km/l and 790km - basically light foot and mixture of rolling to stop lights...etc.

Cant help you with that one but for my 162000 1.9 130bhp TDI i can manage over 700 MILES to a tank.

Don't think I've ever got mine over 600 miles :( Usually get low 500's, though I only average 44-46 mpg. Most of that's on the motorway too!

Echelon

I have hit 13.5km/l and 790km - basically light foot and mixture of rolling to stop lights...etc.

If my calculations are correct, this is 38.3mpg in imperial. I can usually get 40 mpg on a longer run and 45 mpg on a motorway at a steady 70 mph in my 2.5 TDi with auto box. That's 14.1km/l and 15.9km/l respectively. I think I've worked out the conversions correctly, but I'll stand corrected if I've not! I'm a fairly steady driver, which helps the mpg figures.

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from, Echelon?

Echelon

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from, Echelon?

Hi from sunny Singapore where Skoda has limited exposure here. There is a small enthusiast group there where we meet every year atleast once and talk about all things Skoda.

In our small island to achieve the mileage that i did is almost not possible due to heavy city driving, but a combination of light footedness and rolling help me achieve 13.5km/l trying to maximise my ride to try to achieve 14km/l that is amazing!!

Thanks Echelon!

Your fuel consumption makes sense now, as you're mostly city driving. The air con must take its toll on the consumption too for you. I wish we could see a bit of warm sunshine here!

Cant help you with that one but for my 162000 1.9 130bhp TDI i can manage over 700 MILES to a tank.

That's very impressive...

Does anyone remember which car was advertised in the early 90s (I believe) that could do 1,000 miles to a tank?

A random fact; for the launch of the Felicia GLi D one was driven home Skoda UK in Milton Keynes to the factory in Mlada Boleslav some 800 miles away, and the tank on the Felicias is only 45 liters I think.

My last tank of shell Diesel saw me reach 657 miles, which mostly involved ½ journeys to work (in traffic - although two weeks of school holidays made this far better than usual), plus around trip from Gosport to Birmingham NEC!

I've got a 1.8T, and it will easily do 40mpg on a run, doing 75-80mph on a motorway. Average range on a tank is about 500.

Obviously less on short journeys, but the lifetime average is 38.4, which I am more than happy with:thumbup:

I find that in shorter runs or in City area, I do alot of rolling from stop to stop or I try to hit 5th gear as soon as possible since the school of thought is the higher the gear ratio the lower the consumption. - correct me if I am wrong.