Fabia 2 vRS.....Interested?

Why thw hell would it suffer bad depreciation?

.............Because ALL "dealer special editions" always do. It will trade at the trade price of the underlying model. Maybe a bit less. They always do, anyone in the trade without a vested interest will confirm this as a fact for you. Buy a 1 year old VRs Ltd.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent got a vested interest and am in the trade.

Of course if I see Kevin with his 1.0L Corsa that hes banged 18"s on and tried to squeeze a Rover V8 under the bonnet, I will hit him the proverbials for his car.

But like I said, limited numbers, good demand, strong RVs. Or maybe I am wrong.

Trouble is the price will keep going up as the options do....!

Not only that. It's an economies of scale thing. If you buy 50 of the same exhaust, Lowering springs, styling mods... Your dealership gets a better rate on them than they would if they sold a few a year as an upgrade to "Joe Customer"! The software upgrade would be wise to become a dealer for so the expense per car could be negligible{Real money to be made by selling upgraded software to new Octavia vRS customers, previous customers & the like}.

So the goal here is not per unit profit it's selling FabiaII-Sports to costumers that otherwise might/likely would've bought some other manufacturers product from a different dealer... Hmm not unlike the original Fabia vRS!:rolleyes: My guess is about half of all buyers would otherwise be lost to the brand. The rest would've just bought some other Skoda or VAG ofering...

Could see if the package could be offered at the same value also for the Roomster. Then in the future you might want to try it on the SuperbII...

What do you the dealership gain{how do you sell your boss on this!}?! Well firstly you'd be the only or one of the only to offer this option. Which even if your putting the upgrade package together @ cost + labor{from your garage Dealer principals love this part where they can bill out loads of triple the going rate hours...left hand paying the right...} Allows you to hold margin no need to discount the sale any further it becomes an easy way at selling at full pop! Next by offering special trade terms to these buyers you save them the steep depreciation they would encounter later, when your dealer adds a dealer-certified tag including warranty. Also keeping the 2nd hand buyer around for servicing$$$! Plus all this gives your dealership lots of word of mouth advertising!!! Oh & of course your dealer still has any removed parts {exhaust, lowering springs...} to resell with the sale being 99% profit.

Ok,so we now know that SUK will not be brining out Fabia vRS untill Sept'2010. We know that it won't be running a PD engine. The octavia vRS TDi is changing to a CR unit in Sept, prior to the rest of the Octavia getting a facelift in November. The Octavia vRS does not get facelifted until June next year - maybe introducing new engine? as someone said there is a more powerful CR engine coming. That would allow for a CR170 Fabia and maybe even a 1.4TSi 140/160 petrol variant as well.

Octavia vRS with CR 170 Bhp will be out before September. I have one on order for the dealership - build week 24 with DSG gearbox. As an estimate that will be with me by the end of June.

As for the comment about dealer specials depreciating badly, I know using Vauxhall isn't the best guide to future values but the 888 VXR Astra's were done by one Vauxhall Retailer in partnership with 888 racing and they fare fairly well in the used stakes, certainly better than the standard models. :thumbup:

If I was considering buying a Fabia Sport... it'd have to be something special... something worth getting out of bed for :D

If you got the handling, brakes and engine sorted (140ish BHP) and whacked a set of white alloys on it... I'd be interested ;)

Havent got a vested interest and am in the trade.

Of course if I see Kevin with his 1.0L Corsa that hes banged 18"s on and tried to squeeze a Rover V8 under the bonnet, I will hit him the proverbials for his car.

But like I said, limited numbers, good demand, strong RVs. Or maybe I am wrong.

you are being naive/misleading. I have worked in the trade. a special edition is valued as the base car its from unless we are talking mfr sanctioned run of a "limited" supply model like impreza 22b / rb5 etc.

a dealer chipped fabia will be worth no more than a std sport on which its based.

you are being naive/misleading. I have worked in the trade. a special edition is valued as the base car its from unless we are talking mfr sanctioned run of a "limited" supply model like impreza 22b / rb5 etc.

a dealer chipped fabia will be worth no more than a std sport on which its based.

Correct. Not that I care much as I have a proper VRs LTD. But if folk don't want to take on board good advice, more fool them. If you want my VRs LTD off me you need to pay the same as it was new. Virtually no depreciation on them in the last 12 months it seems.

When I think about the amount I spent modding my Fabia, the idea of being able to buy a car with all mods fitted (and total costs of mods on the finance deal), I'd be very tempted.

Of course it all comes down to price and how well set up the car was...