Another Loss Of Power Problem

ady

Hi as the rest just after some advice, i been reading some of the other threads with this problem and everything seems to be pointing towards the turbo.

But anyway heres my problem...

Was out driving round last night and everything was just right then on accelerating of an island there was nothing almost as though the turbo had been removed and the problem dosent go away.

Switch the engine off give it a few mins then start it again drive and its even worse for about a mile then it will give a tad more power but thats it.

You can hear the turbo spooling up and the boost pipes are pressurising.

Its a 1.9tdi 110 that has done 167k on a 51 plate had thought about MAF sensor as ive had the car 4 years and have never changed a single sensor on it, the turbo has been whining for nearly a year so wouldnt be surprised if it has gone. A work mate is going to scan it through vag-com tomorrow. Whats your lots opinions?

Thanks Guys

just got home from work and according vag-com its the MAF, there is no other fault codes. Gonna pop down to my local VW dealer tomorrow and get one and hope thats it.

after fitting the new MAF and finding out the part no on my old one is now obsolete been replaced with a new moddified one the car is running just fine, in fact i would say its more responsive than it has been for a long long time

• 2 weeks later...

sorry been away. it looks like the mesh on the end has been redesigned a part of it angled to channel the air directly onto the sensor. works a dream