Skoda Back... Not Happy!!!

OK

Skoda Holliday Disaster Part 2

Got my skoda back today. After over a month of waiting.

looked good decent paint job etc. i was all excited like a lil boy seein how i only drove the car 9 joyous days. so i thought let me take it for a spin.

first thing

Its Slow as Kfcu! I am not happy at all! it struggles to rev past 3000 rpm. no turbo whistle. no dumpin of pressure from turbo noise. the engine skips/hiccups even when driving slowly. prob got 95 octane fuel init even though it had 58 quids worth of v power 20 mins b4 i crashed it. i feel so sorry for the body shop receptionist tomorro cuz im gunna give her such a kind/polite earful.

i really am fuming! cant believe its so crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!

Sounds like limp mode to me - Is the engine light on? Would need scanning properly - Could be MAF is gone.

I wouldn't go charging in their like a bull in a china shop. ;) They probably have no way of checking OBD and will simply say go to a Skoda dealer and they'll foot the bill. Perhaps standing around for a month without moving has made something "sticky" in the engine bay. Hard to pinpoint what though.

its as if theyve put a restrictor on the engine like you would with a 50cc quad bike for your 5 yr old kid. it struggles to get past 60mph. i mean the thing didnt stop til it his 125-130 before it started to slow down before! my 1.6 focus felt faster!

really am upset! i could cry!

Thats the side the MAF sits on probally took a shock when got hit.They are sensitive to knocks and suuden movement.

Good point.

Try unplugging the MAF and see if the car starts running properly. If it does, you need a new one. They're about 60 quid.

It's the plug to the right in this photo:

DV30%20Fitted.JPG

A MAF doesn't always bring up CEL when it's shot. More often than not, it usually deteriorates over time, resulting in progressively worse driving, then it pops and you're left in limp mode. Sounds like yours has just popped right away.

Silly question, but do you know if they plugged all the wires back in to the plugs as needed? Guess the garage will be the ones to look at it and verify. :)

A MAF doesn't always bring up CEL when it's shot. More often than not, it usually deteriorates over time, resulting in progressively worse driving, then it pops and you're left in limp mode. Sounds like yours has just popped right away.

Silly question, but do you know if they plugged all the wires back in to the plugs as needed? Guess the garage will be the ones to look at it and verify. :)

I have had 2 MAF,s on mine now and it never threw up a light on dash.Pretty sure thats your prob mate.Glad you have your car back now:thumbup:

Piccies???? :rofl:

well im no mechanic and i couldnt really tell you at all if anything was left unplugged. the garage seem to tend to think that there may be a hose from the turbo not working due to when test driving it their technician said it was terrifyingly quick and wasnt expecting it to go like it did. imma find out tomorro!

oh pics

repair looks good enough for me

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

well its a lot better

its the MAF. unplugged it. let the engine warm up and it shot off like a rocket.

however is it safe to drive with it unplugged?

ALSO!

traction control light came on at 60 and now wont go back out.... lol

what should i say to the garage then? its the maf i need a new one or just plug it in and let them find the problem?

Nah - tell them that a very useful website called briskoda.net just saved them a lot of work, and if it's the bodyshop that were footing the bill, then tell them as well. :D

New MAF is around £60-£70 on exchange. Easy enough swap. I believe it is safe enough to run without the MAF hooked up - Just don't drive it like you stole it - treat it a little more gently. :) Don't worry about the ASR light - might be MAF related but tenuous link.

i will be passing on the message. cant tell u how happy i am.

so what does the MAF actually do then?

and i think i already drove it like i stole it... wont tell u how fast i went incase i accidently nearly blew the engine up and not realising it!

well all i can say is a big thank you for your time and knowledge!

Thank You

Robclubley, devonutopia, lex dysia.

Your welcome, car looks great mate have fun driving it when the maf is changed :D

Oh and I wouldn't have known what a maf was little over a year ago then I found this site and can pretty much name everything under the bonnet now :D

Only trouble is I am now aware of options to spend cash in ways I never knew and am slowly edging my way to bankruptcy :rofl: