1.9 Tdi Mpg?

I'm picking up a '07 Storm Blue 1.9 TDI next week (hopefully)and just wondering what MPG I can expect,the website says a combined of 53mpg,is this realistic?:)

It's possible, but to consistantly get that over a 1000 miles is pretty tough.

Your more than likely to get about 48 average out of it though especially until it's run in. BTW the computer will lie to you, not by much but it is optimistic. Check by the brim method.

Also try a search which will show you the opinions of more than just I.

I'm picking up a '07 Storm Blue 1.9 TDI next week (hopefully)and just wondering what MPG I can expect,the website says a combined of 53mpg,is this realistic?:)

Pretty. On runs across country, 55mpg is a doddle. Around town, it's 40mpg+ as long as the traffic keeps moving reasonably. I reckon to get 50mpg on most tanks full.

Stuart

I have the 1,9tdi roomster, took delivery at end of march. Since we got it we have averaged 47.6mpg on the computer over about 1300 miles. It is relatively easy to get 55-60mpg on single trips with the right conditions, but the stop start driving in towns pulls the average down.

I've done some very careful checks on mine. The speedo is 8% fast, and the maxiDot MPG is 6% optimistic. The speedo odometer, and the maxiDot distance measurement, are both within 1%. It would appear that Skoda, for reasons best known to itself, sets up the MPG inaccurate on purpose.

I'll second the 55-60 mpg. We've just done a run from the south coast to north Birmingham at a steady 70 mph with the aircon on and returned an average of 57.8 mpg according to the multidot.

Filling to the brim and using simple maths gave an average of 55.6 mpg. Adding 10% for the aircon would have easily given us over 60 mpg but my wife isn't very nice when she's sweaty :rolleyes:

Not bad for a car with less than 500 miles on the clock :D

Since picking up my Roomster 2 I have kept a short log of mpg and over the last 3485 miles I have averaged 51.873mpg. That has picked up from an initial 1000miles mpg of 45.8. These figures are brim to brim.

A couple of recent motorway runs of 80 odd miles returned 67 on the maxidot mpg-even allowing for variables, not bad.