Symphony - pre outs

Hey Guys,was just thinking of upgrading a few bits of the stereo in my new furby (Got it on the road TODAY!!!) And was just wondering if the standard symphony HU has any pre outs, to save me removin it and bein dissapointed?Pictures and advice will be much appreciated Cheers Harry

Here is a diagram for the Symphony unit that is in the Octavia, may be of some help.

As said above the yellow plug is for the pre-out connection.

Late98radio.jpg

Nice one simon, cheers for that.

Has anyone got one of the pre amp cables?

if so wat are they like?

Cheers

Harry

My last stereo was a Blaupunkt, the pre out cable just clips in the back; easy to fit! I haven't got the keys for the symphony so can't have a look but sure it will be just as easy.

• 2 months later...

i have a question, i am also trying to connect a sub to my Symphony headunit, i have the yellow connector as above, does there not need to be a positive and negative to each out the pre outputs?

I have the cable on my Blaupunkt Casablanca MP56.

I will try it on the symphony unit later.

I have an active sub connected to.

Edited by mluton

i have a question, i am also trying to connect a sub to my Symphony headunit, i have the yellow connector as above, does there not need to be a positive and negative to each out the pre outputs?

There is a positive 12v on the cable, the device / amp will supply the negative connection

I have 2 cables for sale, both can be used for connecting an amp, active sub to Blaupunkt OEM (Inc. Symphony Unit) or aftermarket stereos.

Both are less than 2 weeks old from new. I have changed to a Kenwood Unit now, so I have no need for them.

1 (£10.00 inc postage) Note: remote lead shorter than picture= Blaupunkt preamp output lead

pre_out_sm.jpg

2 (£8.00 inc postage) = Blaupunkt preamp output lead 7 607 001 512

preamp2_sm.jpg

Full refund given, if not happy.:thumbup:

Edited by mluton