Show Us Your Old Phones!

Royston

Sideboard clearance revealed these old gems, come on, I'm sure you can find older ones:

Nokia Owld Bstard:

20012009019.jpg

Nokia 8310 next to Owld Bstard for comparison:

20012009020.jpg?

Nokia WTF?

20012009021.jpg

Edited by pittVRS

I always got rid/sold on my old phones, when a newer one came along. So best I can do is 'library' images of my old ones :)

Like this...

450px-Nokia_1610.jpg

(quite similar to above - this is a 1610)

3110, the original one. They've recently re-used this model number, bizarrely:

nokia-3110.jpg

Then the really quite popular 5110:

nokia+5110

Then a 3310:

4118TWTVDHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Then an 8210. Seemed like Science Fiction in 1999! It was so small and light :eek: - still is really, even by modern comparision:

Nokia_8210.jpg

Then a 6210, one of my favourites - was brilliant:

nokia_6210.jpg

Then a 6310, which wasn't so brilliant and didn't look as nice. My first Bluetooth phone though, back in 2001 when nobody knew what it was :D

nokia_6310.jpg

Then a 6510, which unfortunately got nicked :mad:. Another favourite - nice size and decent feature set, with ace blue lighting :cool:

6510-703.jpg

Couldn't bring myself to replace the 6510 with another, so my first venture to the dark side and a S-E T68. Never really got on with it though, and there was a rediculous lag while writing texts!

T68Big.JPG

Back to Nokia for the 6610:

nokia6610ifrontut3.jpg

Next, Nokia N70. Was quite a brick :eek:

Nokia-N70-front.jpg

Then a brief time away from Nokia again, with the S-E w850i:

w850_press_01.jpg

And finally, my current N95! Probably the best and most favoured yet. Which is why I've had it longer than any other phone:

0861674711.jpg

Honestly, anyone would think I liked phones, and Nokia in particular ;)

Steve

Edited by Wardy
Forgot one!

i had the one in the first picture then that 5110 as a company phone a ericsson gh 388 and some more ericssons that looked the same but with slightly different model numbers (aerials were replaced weekly from where i kept breaking them lol). then a r320 ericsson which i still occasionly use, 3310, 3330, t68, t200, t610i, t630i, forgot the next one, k700i, k750i, k800i, k850i and somewhere down the line a few n gages and a 6610 or 6660 (a bigish one).

I'm surprised you can remember each and every phone you've had. I suppose it's a bit like your old cars in a way.

Was a bit scary, but my brain remembers useless things like that!

My wife had a little square (nokia I think) with no display and a flip down mike.Anyone remember them?

Is there anywhere you can buy an old (but new?!) phone? Do they just bin all their unsold stock or ship it out to thirld world countries?

My wife had a little square (nokia I think) with no display and a flip down mike.Anyone remember them?

Is there anywhere you can buy an old (but new?!) phone? Do they just bin all their unsold stock or ship it out to thirld world countries?

I think that was a Sony... I nearly bought one of them until the salesman showed me a Monte Carlo... Record your calls with the press of a button lol

like this??

cmr111.jpg

my first was a BT Ivory btw, bloody massive thing that you could use if your handbrake failed.

Edited by Bertee
to add pic

First mobile phone ever was a Motorola M750, which for some reason I still have; probably still works too if I could find the charger for it. Great specs for the time, 18 hour standby, 1 hour talk time.

Pictures below are of the M750 and the later M760 which I had off my sister, the M760 had a standby time of about 3 days but looked virtually the same.

oldphones1.jpg

Also, put my current phone in between the two old phones to give you some idea of size, the N95 isn't a small phone by today's standards either!

oldphones2.jpg

I think that was a Sony... I nearly bought one of them until the salesman showed me a Monte Carlo... Record your calls with the press of a button lol

like this??

cmr111.jpg

my first was a BT Ivory btw, bloody massive thing that you could use if your handbrake failed.

Ha! Thats the one!Nice one Bertee.Thought it was a technological marvel at the time.Even with no display

And thanks Swedish too:) I was envious of my friends 'Micro tac'

These lot sell reconditioned brick Phones, and i think they do Startacs as well.

RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones

Wardy - you are such a geek lol.

First phone i used was a motorola "transportable" at 50 pence per minute, and per minute billing. My own first mobile was a Maxon, the size of a small hatchback. Then I had an Nec, also analogue, then all the usual Nokias, whatever was out at the time, lots of familiar ones already pictured, then i went sony ericcson p800, p900, samsungs, more S.E's, now finally ended up with an N95 that i still dont like.