I broke down the other night ie engine cutting out whilst going along,the AA man said the camshaft sensor needs replacing,where can i get one of these for a Favorit Flairline 1.3 n reg?

Did the AA man try cleaning it? I think when the sensor fails the engine will not run at all so not 100% certain it is the hall sensor. It could be a loose timing chain or maybe a knackered distributor shaft.

This is what the sensor looks like CRANK SHAFT SENSOR SKODA FAVORIT 1.3i 1993-1996 on eBay, also, Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Apr-09 20:13:55 BST) would ordinarily recommend Jorily but the one he has listed appears to have no lead, I'm not sure if the lead on the Favorit is reusable. Skoda Favorit 93>/Felicia Speed Crank Sensor- O.E & NEW on eBay, also, Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Apr-09 14:43:45 BST)

He did clean it yes and he had a look at the distributor,he got out tester leads and seemed pretty certain it was the sensor,the one i have is in the first ebay link you sent .I did get one today but the actual body of the sensor was longer than the faulty one ,it wouldnt seat properly on the casing or bolt down.

Did the AA man try cleaning it? I think when the sensor fails the engine will not run at all so not 100% certain it is the hall sensor. It could be a loose timing chain or maybe a knackered distributor shaft.

This is what the sensor looks like CRANK SHAFT SENSOR SKODA FAVORIT 1.3i 1993-1996 on eBay, also, Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Apr-09 20:13:55 BST) would ordinarily recommend Jorily but the one he has listed appears to have no lead, I'm not sure if the lead on the Favorit is reusable. Skoda Favorit 93>/Felicia Speed Crank Sensor- O.E & NEW on eBay, also, Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Apr-09 14:43:45 BST)

I've just gone and had a look for you. The one in the second link will fit. Just unplug the lead from the bracket, pull the old one off the bracket, and plug the lead directly into the sensor....

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

I assume they kept the wiring the same so the 3 pins should match up. Not sure if the lead needs lengthening to reach, but I don't think it does.

Thank you, i will try this later.

I've just gone and had a look for you. The one in the second link will fit. Just unplug the lead from the bracket, pull the old one off the bracket, and plug the lead directly into the sensor....

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

I assume they kept the wiring the same so the 3 pins should match up. Not sure if the lead needs lengthening to reach, but I don't think it does.

This worked fine so i am back on the road again,just got to sort out the water leaking onto the gear box from a large black pipe.

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00723.jpg