Fitting Guide - Underseat Storage Drawer

Sanqhar

I eventually got the bits to fit an underseat storage drawer on my SE (it's standard on the Elegance). I only fitted one drawer on the passenger (UK) side.

Drawer: 5N08826019B9

Frame (Carrier): 5N08825999B9

The frame came ready fitted with rubber buffers (6Q0882331) and drawer guidepieces (5N0881203) and the metal clip, see Photo 4.

I needed a bolt (N90646201) for the carrier metal clip and already had a clip and bolt as per Photo 6.

It was very fiddly trying to work upside down in the passenger footwell. It looks like it would be easier if you could swivel the seat up by undoing the front pair of hinge bolts that are part of the raising and lowering system. I did not have a large enough Torx bit so I did it with the seat in place. As there is wiring for airbags involved, if you decide to try this then it's AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Photo 1

Seat mechanism and Torx bolt.

4809595200_8cba155c88.jpg

The drawer unit consist of two main items, the drawer itself and its carrier. Once the carrier is fitted the drawer just slides into it. Fitting the carrier is the fiddly bit.

Photos 2 & 3

I found the screw that holds the plastic side of the seat base in place and undid that. It made it marginally easier, although it was a pig to put back and tighten up when it was all done.

4809606966_a755a97314.jpg

4808951597_974dd6b52a.jpg

Drawer Carrier

Photo 4

4809601732_ba99884266.jpg

The two plastic tabs at the bottom of the picture just slide into slots in the seat base at the back.

There is a plastic mount (seen top right of picture) where it is screwed to the seat base. I ignored the similar plastic mount to the left as the left side of the Carrier is held in place by the metal clip fitting (see next).

The metal clip (top left) in theory sits on top of this tab under the seat, the screw going through the tab and into the clip. I just couldn't get the carrier to sit on this metal tab as the angle needed to get the rear plastic tabs into the seat base precluded sitting the front plastic tab on its metal tab. I eventually took the metal clip off of the Carrier and put it on the metal tab, screwing the carrier up to it.

Photo 5

4809612984_798c55d828.jpg

I already had a metal clip....

Photo 6

4809578636_bfd1c569dd.jpg

....that fitted in the seat base for the fitting on the right of Photo 4 to screw to.

Photo 7

4808965509_98a204f795.jpg

Fitting the seat side back was the hardest although I find patience and swearing works for me!

The finished job

Photo 8

4809582686_e231b605a7.jpg

The seat side panel doesn't quite line up with the drawer, and I have not worked out what to do to get it perfect, however, as you need to be nearly upside down in the seat well to notice, I'm not too worried!!!

On the driver's side I use a 99p plastic storage basket.

Photo 9

4809772364_bf68849fbf.jpg

It's seemed a lot of effort for a small drawer but it is perfect for those mobile phone chargeing cables that always seem to get tangled up with everything else in the glove box.

tom

Phew!

I am totally exhausted just reading that account, never mind being on my head in the well........

Well done you for persisting with it - just make sure that you use it every single day that you're out in the Yeti from now on.

Me? I'll just use the vegetable basket thanks!!!!!

Thank you for producing this guide. :) I have moved it to the Yeti Technical Guides sub- forum and left a link to it in the original forum.

Nice guide, thanks for that.

By any chance would you know the codes for the parts to fit a drawer under the driver's seat ?

Sorry, I have no idea. You need to develop a good rapport with the parts man at your local dealer.

tom

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually got the bits to fit an underseat storage drawer on my SE (it's standard on the Elegance). I only fitted one drawer on the passenger (UK) side.

Hi everyone,

Read about and saw the pic's of the Pucker underseat storage retrofit and Heath Robinson Poundshop basket. My version is inspired by the latter but adapted to prevent it sliding out on braking or bumpy roads. ( don't actually know if it would slide out and get tangled up in feet and pedals )

Using a 2litre ice cream tub ( contents consumed at an earlier date ) ... 1. Cut to shape and stuck anti -slip mat to top of lid using double sided tape

Drawer: 5N08826019B9 2. Stuck lid onto floor below driver's seat using sticky fixer pads

3. Empty tub fits on lid and is held snug by raised rim of lid and anti- slip mat

Hidden from prying eyes of passing villains, makes the most of the available space and can be removed leaving no trace etc.

My Yeti has underseat tray on passenger side fitted as standard, that's why my home made is for driver's side but I assume space is the same both sides so Ice cream doo dah would work either side and cost nought , plus VAT of course!

Cheers

The frame came ready fitted with rubber buffers (6Q0882331) and drawer guidepieces (5N0881203) and the metal clip, see Photo 4.

I needed a bolt (N90646201) for the carrier metal clip and already had a clip and bolt as per Photo 6.

It was very fiddly trying to work upside down in the passenger footwell. It looks like it would be easier if you could swivel the seat up by undoing the front pair of hinge bolts that are part of the raising and lowering system. I did not have a large enough Torx bit so I did it with the seat in place. As there is wiring for airbags involved, if you decide to try this then it's AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Photo 1

The drawer unit consist of two main items, the drawer itself and its carrier. Once the carrier is fitted the drawer just slides into it. Fitting the carrier is the fiddly bit.

Photos 2 & 3

I found the screw that holds the plastic side of the seat base in place and undid that. It made it marginally easier, although it was a pig to put back and tighten up when it was all done.

Drawer Carrier

Photo 4

The two plastic tabs at the bottom of the picture just slide into slots in the seat base at the back.

There is a plastic mount (seen top right of picture) where it is screwed to the seat base. I ignored the similar plastic mount to the left as the left side of the Carrier is held in place by the metal clip fitting (see next).

The metal clip (top left) in theory sits on top of this tab under the seat, the screw going through the tab and into the clip. I just couldn't get the carrier to sit on this metal tab as the angle needed to get the rear plastic tabs into the seat base precluded sitting the front plastic tab on its metal tab. I eventually took the metal clip off of the Carrier and put it on the metal tab, screwing the carrier up to it.

Photo 5

Photo 6

....that fitted in the seat base for the fitting on the right of Photo 4 to screw to.

Photo 7

Fitting the seat side back was the hardest although I find patience and swearing works for me!

The finished job

Photo 8

The seat side panel doesn't quite line up with the drawer, and I have not worked out what to do to get it perfect, however, as you need to be nearly upside down in the seat well to notice, I'm not too worried!!!

Photo 9

It's seemed a lot of effort for a small drawer but it is perfect for those mobile phone chargeing cables that always seem to get tangled up with everything else in the glove box.

tom

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Read about and saw the pic's of the Pucker underseat storage retrofit and Heath Robinson Poundshop basket. My version is inspired by the latter but adapted to prevent it sliding out on braking or bumpy roads. ( don't actually know if it would slide out and get tangled up in feet and pedals )

Using a 2litre ice cream tub ( contents consumed at an earlier date ) .

1. Cut to shape and stuck anti -slip mat to top of lid using double sided tape

2. Stuck lid onto floor below driver's seat using sticky fixer pads

3. Empty tub fits on lid and is held snug by raised rim of lid and anti- slip mat

Hidden from prying eyes of passing villains, makes the most of the available space and can be removed leaving no trace etc.

My Yeti has underseat tray on passenger side fitted as standard, that's why my home made is for driver's side but I assume space is the same both sides so Ice cream doo dah would work either side and cost nought , plus VAT of course!

Cheers

I've done something similar, but simply stuck it down to the carpet using the hook side of sticky backed Velcro tape.

• 10 months later...

Drawer: 5N08826019B9

Photo 1

Photos 2 & 3

Drawer Carrier

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7

The finished job

Photo 8

Photo 9

tom

Many thanks Tom,

I've just finished fitting the underseat drawer following your instructions (and using the clip and screw you kindly sent me).

I can't add anything to the instructions but agree with you that it would be much easier if the seat pivot bolts were removed so that the seat could tilt back a bit. It would make all the difference when fitting the clip to the seat base.

Excellent instructions. Well Done. :thumbup:

Fred

• 1 year later...

An excellent guide. Thank you.

I fitted both passenger and driver's drawers on my SE+.

To make things easier I removed the front seat runner bolts and loosened rear seat runner bolts. Slid the seats all the way back and this naturally caused the seats to tip back giving a few more inches of clearance. The wiring is not strained nor does it need to be disconnected.

The slots for the prongs of the drawers are more in the middle of the seat rather than at the back. The drawers are only about half the seat depth.

I noted that Sanqhar had trouble attaching the drawer frame to the seat and swapped the clip from the frame to the seat bracket. In fact the bracket is only held to the seat frame with a single bolt ( hidden by the side seat plastic moulding, which you have to detach anyway). I removed the bracket, bolted it to the drawer frame and then bolted the whole assembly to the seat frame.

I am well pleased with the results. They operate and fit perfectly and give a more finished look.

I did the drivers side first and it took about 90 minutes. The passenger side was dispatched in 40 minutes. Practice makes perfect i guess!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the drawer on the driver's side this w/e (at long last) - I've already got the passenger side.

Thanks to Sanqhar for the photographs, they were a great help once I had worked out which bit was which, and then visualised them 'swapped' left to right !!

The suggestion of removing the seat fastenings (33q's) made a fantastic difference, I could actually see what I was doing (almost) though I have the same LED light as Sanqhar!!

I was able to do it without removing the seat side cover, just removing the screw at the front, this then meant that I could disconnect the bracket to bolt the side clip to. I agree that you don't need to fasten both the top screws, just the one on the outside of the frame, and the side bracket.

Part numbers for the 'kit' are:

5N08826009B9 - Frame (£13.16)

5N08826029B9 - Drawer (£14.33)

N90646201 - Bolts X 2 (£0.50)

All plus VAT

You will also need a 'Captive U nut' as per Sanqhar's photo above - my dealer found one in the 'gash box' - one point the two slots where they fit under the seat base are different sizes, so I was only able to get one in, but as I said that's all you need'

The drawer comes fitted with the rubber buffers, and the guide pieces (my dealer ordered extra ones which I didn't need, and won't take them back - but it's only about £2.00 anyhow)

Looks 'finished' now

P.S. Roscoe - I kept the draws from my Touran, hoping one day they would be useful (I paid extra for them so I reckon they were mine) regretfully they won't fit the Yeti - so if you know anybody who want's a set....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Could any of you good, kind, people tell me whether the driver's & passenger's drawers are the same size?

I've under-seat storage on the passenger side of my Roomster, but could never understand the preference for passenger-side (is it just more room there?).

The way I see it, under-seat storage looks very neat & scores highly in the bragging rights when showing strangers around the car. However, in real life, I find that I'd love secure storage under the driver's seat (the safety fairy says you shouldn't put anything there unless it's secured) as it's a great place to store charging cables, sat nav, etc, etc., but the space under the passenger seat is bigger & more useable without the over-priced extras.

The under-seat space without the added kit gives ample space for anything from kittens to handbags; camera bags to lunch boxes; life jackets to parachutes; ........well, you get the point!

Oops, I'm rambling. Up-shot is, I've a simple question: "Is the under-seat storage drawer for the driver's side of sufficient capacity to persuade me to prise my wallet open?"

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

They are the same size. They are handed left and right. Only you can decide if they are worth the cost and effort. I have fitted booth sides on my SE Plus. They do look neat.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this, I'll definitely want to put one of these under the drivers side.

Have you done it yet Carl?

Sorry, only just seen your post.

Not fitted yet but I did order drawer, along with boot light & sunglasses holder, before I got the car. Haven't fitted the drawer yet, but hope to get it done in the next day or two. I'll post back if I discover any hints or tips not already covered.

Fitted the drawer today. Stuck with what the OP did & would have taken me only 20 mins if it hadn't been for the 30 mins it took to replace the front side trim screw.

As OP says, there's a slight misalignment doing it this way but I couldn't remove the side trim because:

1. I couldn't pull off the height adjustment lever (combination of lack of strength & fear of breaking something)
  2. Uncle Shkoda doesn't seem to want you to remove rear fixings. Elsawin describes these as body-bound rivets - they look to be conventional screw-in type but on my (2013) car, the heads were filled with something (epoxy?) & I didn't attempt to dig said substance out.

I was a bit (OK, loads) lazy by just tackling it with a torx screwdriver set. You could probably do the job properly without removing the side trim, if you approached it with a small ratchet + relevant torx bit.

• 10 months later...

Hi Sanqhar,  thanks for your time for posting the photo's (nearly 4 years ago now)

VERY helpful.

I tilted the seat backs to almost touching the rear seats, which allowed me to remove the 2 front seat Torx bolts.

That gave a lot of working space to see how things fit. You can adjust how far the seat tilts without straining the wires under the seat.

I put a bit of old carpet on my drive so I could sit/kneel outside the car and work from there.

Again, many thanks for the photo's.

• 5 months later...

I am thinking about fitting these. I have had a look under my Yeti seats and then had another look at the pictures above.

Am I right in thinking the drawer inner dimensions  are approx. 10" wide by 5" from front to back? What is an approximate depth please?

Kevin

Bless this forum. Thanks to all the tips above I managed to fit the drawer within half an hour. Additional tips: I used an allen bolt and an old fashioned cross-headed self tapping screw to fit the drawer. They are much easier to 'steer' into the right place and direction than torx-headed bolts and screws.

By the way: Superskoda do complete sets of the drawer, bracket and hardware, at 49.99 Euro each. Remember they are left and right handed.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if the drawers will fit in if you have the umbrella holder and Hi Viz holders already fitted under the front seats?

Chip