CH/LH lights on Octavia II1Z

Hi,

I have a Skoda Octavia II FL 1z ...would like to clear a few things.

All cars equipped with rain sensors have light sensors. It's only a matter of activation via vcds or vag-com.

Byte 00 and bit 05 and 07 are not coming and leaving home for facelift version.

Coming home lights can be activated without auto switch or light sensor.

After switching off the ignition the high beam stalked has to be pulled just once to start the coming home lights , timing for the same can be adjusted via adaptation in central electronics 09.

At this time I have tried but leaving home lights are not working even after ticking the appropriate boxes in vcds 10.6.0.

(also coming home lights have been activated in my car after selecting coming home -manual>>>> in long coding helper 09 central elec.)

(leaving it in automatic function doesn't work).

I do not have maxi dot-

Any inputs regarding this will be very well appreciated. Please do not write comments which are off topic,

Edited by pz1811

Have you tried leaving the light switch to Auto? I have it setup so Fogs are CH/LH and my light switch is in Auto and always work. Have set it setup to 30sec on both, no probs. I do not need to pull any stalk.

Have you tried leaving the light switch to Auto? I have it setup so Fogs are CH/LH and my light switch is in Auto and always work. Have set it setup to 30sec on both, no probs. I do not need to pull any stalk.

Sorry forgt to mention don't have auto switch either.............

I knw ppl say that it's nt possible to activate ch/lh without auto switch but I have friends owning an Octavia I who have activated these features without auto switch,,,!!!!!!

If you dont have Auto Lights when you activate it in VCDS you have to leave the light switch in the headlight on position or the CH/LH won't work. :)

Tried that too but no diff!!

Have also tried keeping headlights on and in the front fog light position still no difference!,

Follow this:

1. Check it's activated in VCDS

2. Start engine and Turn on Headlights.

3. Leave headlights on and switch off engine.

4. Get out of car and lock, you should find your headlights are still on. They will stay on for default time which is 40secs iirc

5. Lights go off.

6. Unlock car and headlights should come back on.

If this doesn't work you have done something wrong with the activation in VCDS :)

EDIT - in VCDS check that the CH/LH mode is set to personalisation and not via sensor.

Edited by vRS Carl

Follow this:

1. Check it's activated in VCDS

2. Start engine and Turn on Headlights.

3. Leave headlights on and switch off engine.

4. Get out of car and lock, you should find your headlights are still on. They will stay on for default time which is 40secs iirc

5. Lights go off.

6. Unlock car and headlights should come back on.

If this doesn't work you have done something wrong with the activation in VCDS :)

EDIT - in VCDS check that the CH/LH mode is set to personalisation and not via sensor.

In the 1Z the coding is different .........the personalisation and sensor option do not come up in my long coding helper it shows....

Coming home - manual or automatic...

Manual-only works when high beam stalk is pulled once not otherwise..

Cant gt auTomatic to work though!!

This is what you should have as these are from my car that i have just checked for you. My car is a 1Z0

Ensure these two options are selected

Screenshot2010-12-20at151718.png

Then in the Byte 2 you should have this. Ensure no tick and then don't forget to press exit

Screenshot2010-12-20at151735.png

Finally in the Empty white box in this screenshot you will have a new code if anything is altered. Ensure you click Do it and you will get a small pop up saying "Coding Accepted"

Screenshot2010-12-20at151801.png

If the coding isn't the same as above then without looking i'm not sure. Sorry :)

Edited by vRS Carl

This is what you should have as these are from my car that i have just checked for you. My car is a 1Z0

Ensure these two options are selected

If the coding isn't the same as above then without looking i'm not sure. Sorry :)

Thanks a lot for your pictures and everything but as I have said in my first post byte 00 bit 5 and 7 are not the same coding for the1Z..........I read the same bytes and bits in Ross tech wiki....they are diff in my car.... However will post a few pics tom..

Anyways thanks a lot for all your help!!

Only thing I can think of is that its an India market car, and as such might have different modules installed, that have different coding options.

Load up some screenshots and we'll see. It might also be an idea to include a link in the VCDS section back to this thread, in case Ross-Tech can assist with anything on the technical side.

Steve

Thanks a lot for your pictures and everything but as I have said in my first post byte 00 bit 5 and 7 are not the same coding for the1Z..........I read the same bytes and bits in Ross tech wiki....they are diff in my car.... However will post a few pics tom..

Anyways thanks a lot for all your help!!

My car is a 1Z.

As Steve says you must have a different CECM in India to the UK. If you can post up some screen shots it would help :)

Were the headlights switched on when you did the coding? I've read somewhere that it can get confused if they're not.

I have got the following procedure to work on a 1Z.

Procedure is: Connect VCDS lead

Turn on headlights.

Turn on Ignition

Perform Coding (make sure you code CH to manual)

Turn off Ignition with lights still on.

Disconnect VCDS.

Do another ignition cycle with the lights switched on and then, pull the main beam stalk towards you as if flashing someone, headlights will flash as normal. BTW lights should go out when you pull the key out the ignition.

The C/H lights will come on when you open the drivers door

Were the headlights switched on when you did the coding? I've read somewhere that it can get confused if they're not.

Turn on headlights.

Turn on Ignition

Disconnect

Two questions....

1) right now coming home and leaving home are activated ....so should I first deactivate them and then do all this??

2) ch should me set to manual and not automatic ???

Turn on headlights.

Turn on Ignition

Disconnect VCDS.

Do another ignition cycle with the lights switched on and then, pull the main beam stalk towards you as if flashing someone, headlights will flash as normal. BTW lights should go out when you pull the key out the ignition.

The C/H lights will come on when you open the drivers door

Tried it

NO LUCK :'(

ANY 1has any other solutions..................

Coming home lights and leaving home lights in my long coding helper are as follows

Byte 12

Bit 0 and 1 - for ch timing and strtin wen door opens r ignition off

Byte 17

Bit 3 to 6 - for coming home active lh active adl active and coming home via front fog lights active,,!!!

Order of functions may vary.!

Hy can someone give me the part number for the auto headlight switch with both front and rear fog for the Octavia II .I'm planning on getting one for my ambient.

Also I read somewhere that if the headlight switch (without auto position) has a purple wire attached to it......It is just a matter of fixing the new part..could someone please confirm this!!!!!!!!!!

I have a rain sensor and didn't know it was possible to activate CH/LH lights. I'd be interested in setting these up too. Also whether you can add the auto headlights switch.

Ya it is possible......

Gt vcds activate ch and lh ....keep ch on manual or personalization as per ur vcds coding and jus blip the high beam stalk once and voila u hav ch lights.......

Still working on lh will tell u as soon as we ft to knw smethin.!