National Meet, only days to go → BRISKODA National Meet Info.  |  Blyton Park Driving Centre - Track time.  |  Competitions
Photo
- - - - -

Radio Code if I remove the battery?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AndySuperb130

AndySuperb130

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Car:Skoda Superb 130 TDi Comfort + toys!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 15:53

Hi All,

OK....advance warning - this I'm sure is a numpty question...

Taking an interest in getting my fingers dirty now I actually own this car...reminds me of having Golfs as a nipper :-) Problem for me is I've been a bit used to throwing cars at dealers and am a bit out of touch...I'm re-learning all the time, but having a whale of a time too.

I'm going to start with checking out the plenum chamber for the dreaded swamp that I've read so much about... got the plastic sheet off no problem, and was ready to undo the battery, and then it dawned on me..... does the radio lock out?

I've got pretty much every receipt, MOT and handbook...even the sign-over sheet from Skoda all those years ago....but no sign of a code.

The handbook suggests I dont need it.... but then seems to contradict itself, so I thought I'd ask the experts :-)

Cheers fellas,

Andy

#2 Gizmo68

Gizmo68

We're here for a good time, not a long time

• Moderators
  • 8,954 posts
  • Car:Superb Edition 100 & FL Yeti L&K 2.0 TDi 170CR

Posted 27 March 2011 - 16:37

Normally the car will remember the radio code, HOWEVER my old Superb used to remember the code ... until the last time when it forgot it!!

#3 giandougl

giandougl

Baldy Guy

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 17:05

Having a Fabia VRS the Radio/CD 4 digit code was found in the Radio instruction booklet, issued when car was new.
Also I had to re-instruct one-touch window switches on drivers door as follows:
press window switches up & down a few times will reset one-touch operation for each side.Posted Image

#4 Supurbia

Supurbia

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:32

It should be on that long white plastic thing that comes with the car keys if the radio doesn't simply auto find it's code.

#5 Gizmo68

Gizmo68

We're here for a good time, not a long time

• Moderators
  • 8,954 posts
  • Car:Superb Edition 100 & FL Yeti L&K 2.0 TDi 170CR

Posted 28 March 2011 - 18:40

It should be on that long white plastic thing that comes with the car keys if the radio doesn't simply auto find it's code.

My radio code was not on the tab, not sure what the numbers were but they were not the radio code or the SKC

#6 williebob

williebob

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Car:Superb 1.9 PD Comfort

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:45

I took the Skoda radio/cd out of my Superb about 5 years ago, and put it in a box under the stairs. Yesterday I put it back in, switched it on, and the unit simply went through a sequence "LOCK"(lasted about 5 seconds), then a prompt for the pin appeared-"1000", at this stage I turned the ignition on and within a few seconds it changed to "LEARN", a few seconds later the radio fired up - good as new.

#7 SkodaTC

SkodaTC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Car:Superb 2 Elegance

Posted 30 March 2011 - 13:30

The double-din Skoda navigation unit always wants the radio code but the standard stereo should be OK.

#8 AndySuperb130

AndySuperb130

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Car:Skoda Superb 130 TDi Comfort + toys!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:40

Thanks guys.... only one way to find out I guess!!!

Had an "emissions workshop" come on on the way to the airport on Monday, so its probably gonna have to go in to my local anyways - I'll get them to do it all together :-)

#9 newtooctavia

newtooctavia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:29

Brilliant mate, you have just saved me 24 quid the dealer was going to charge, the number was hidden inside the plastic thing.

#10 Mark716

Mark716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Car:06 Superb

Posted 21 May 2012 - 20:31

I took the Skoda radio/cd out of my Superb about 5 years ago, and put it in a box under the stairs. Yesterday I put it back in, switched it on, and the unit simply went through a sequence "LOCK"(lasted about 5 seconds), then a prompt for the pin appeared-"1000", at this stage I turned the ignition on and within a few seconds it changed to "LEARN", a few seconds later the radio fired up - good as new.

You have just saved me £30.....many thanks!! Result.

Regards,
Mark

#11 Cown

Cown

Car Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Car:Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Ambition

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:29

The reason the radio "forgets" the code is the fact, that the internal battery is dried out or defective. Normally the little backup battery powers a memory circuit that stores system information like the radio code. If the memory circuit loses power all data is lost, hence the problems with radio forgetting stuff. But as many other electrical devices there's normally a restore and backup function which will eventually fix the problems as williebob wrote. :-)

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users