SOLD - Connects2 Aux-in Adapter for non-mp3 Stream (Octy II)

chr1staylor

This has been in my Octy for the last two years and is a great inexpensive way to add an aux-in to your non-mp3 Stream HU. It works by hijacking the CD-changer socket and converting it to a standard 3.5mm jack input.

It's this one: CTVSKX003

normally retails for around £30. I'm after £16 all-in.

This is what you get in the kit:

6348846574_11d9af634c.jpg

Connects2 adapter by chr1staylor, on Flickr

If you're in W.Yorks and want to collect I'll happily fit it for you.

Some more pics of fitting the kit here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51707969@N04/sets/72157624287762201/with/6348846574/

Chris.

Can't believe this hasn't been snapped up by now, I bought one full price just a week before you put this up for sale.

Really good bit if kit, and a decent price that you are asking

Glwts mate

Cheers John. Yeah I was annoyed with myself I hadn't noticed your thread and offered it to you before you ended up buying one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could you please tell me how to open the tray+vent part on the top? Is that just done by applying some force on the side (bottom), or is there some trick? Perhaps any screws?

Hi Sergey,

There are no screws, to remove it you just need to apply (quite a bit of) force along the bottom edge, pushing straight up. Use a plastic trim removal tool if you have one, if not just use a plastic ruler or similar so you don't damage the plastic of the box. I usually start at the left corner, prise that out slightly and then work my way along to the right. It will be quite stiff the first time you try to take it out.

This is sold now, need to update the thread title really.

• Like 1

So, I did it!

But I took freedom to improve the solution offered by chr1staylor. I installed the 3.5mm socket into the storage connector on top of the dashboard: http://www.maplin.co...sis-socket-1189 - of course, the cable supplied with CTVSKX003 had to be cut and fixed to use that detail. Instead of the table directly coming from the internals, I have got neat 3.5mm socket where I can plug and unplug my final 3.5mm cable as I like. Unfortunately the plastic of the tray turned to be a bit thick for fixing that socket - had to use wide drill to make the plastic a bit thinner around the hole... (I know, it is a bit dangerous - it can break completely one day).

Anyway, it all works now. But there is a couple of questions if some could comment. First of all, the sound (produced by my Samsung Galaxy SIII) is not loud enough. Of course, it depends on the track I play - but too many tracks require the volume on the phone and the car audio to be (max, max). The speakers of the car are standard, as far as I know. Second, when the car volume is 20+, I hear quite significant noise. Around 35 it becomes unbearable (even with quiet tracks). Is that someone encountered before me? I will check my cabling, of course (considering that I played with the cable, as described above) - but perhaps it is a well known issue of the adapter?