New Octavia RS confirmed for Goodwood

Given the hardware must be there Im betting its a coding change they'll end up charging a few hundred quid for as a factory extra.

hmm Wonder if it will be a VCDS to the rescue on that one?

hmm Wonder if it will be a VCDS to the rescue on that one?

I think the ACC has it's own control stalk, whereas the standard cruise control uses the normal left hand stalk as on the mk2.

I think the ACC has it's own control stalk, whereas the standard cruise control uses the normal left hand stalk as on the mk2.

Ah like Audi do, shame if thats the case.

Thats what i mean Eddie, if the Elegance starts coming as standard with front assistant it will have the radar unit already. But as Stokey said ACC may possibly have an audi-esque 3rd column stalk for thr cruise rather than the indicator stalk variety.

Still I expect its something you'll be able to retrofit anyway! :-)

It has. If you read the Octavia 3 Owners Manual kindly posted by Auroan in a separate thread it shows the control stalk for both normal cruise control (as fitted now to Elegance versions) and also ACC.

Looks good, I have been messing around on the Skoda site specking up Octavia's to see what options I would have when the VRS is launched, and I noticed that you cant have the Sunset glass on the hatchback, why is this ? Is there any plans to offer this as an option ?

I ordered here in Ireland 2 weeks ago - Would anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the order - Wonder will i be lucky enough to fall into the front assist batch?

U ordered a new Vrs?

Hmmm, so you pay 21790 Euros for a 2.0 TDI Elegance and 25732 for a Diesel VRS.

That's more of a gap than I'd like to see.

I reckon that's a 15% uplift which would make the UK pricing £25288 based on an Elegance at £21990....disappointed....too rich IMHO

I reckon that's a 15% uplift which would make the UK pricing £25288 based on an Elegance at £21990....disappointed....too rich IMHO

It would be worse than that. £26k, and that would rule me out.

For the mk2, there wasn't anything like that much a gap between Elegance and VRS.

It would be worse than that. £26k, and that would rule me out.

For the mk2, there wasn't anything like that much a gap between Elegance and VRS.

Agree mate...that's me out too. Got a good spec vRS combi at a shade over £22k in November 2011. I'm amazed at the pricing if the theory is correct. That would also put it in the league of an Exeo Sport.

Yes, that's my understanding too. It's available as a cost option from a certain build date. :)

Standard on the Elegance from July 1st according to your MY 14 change post a while back.

I remember Yeti_man's post, but I can't for the life of me find it - could anyone please post a link? :think:

Agree mate...that's me out too. Got a good spec vRS combi at a shade over £22k in November 2011. I'm amazed at the pricing if the theory is correct. That would also put it in the league of an Exeo Sport.

The Exeo is ancient, with poor packaging for its size and is about to be discontinued without replacement. Talking to a salesman when we picked up the wife's car who said the Exeo and Toledo were their worst sellers .

The Exeo is ancient, with poor packaging for its size and is about to be discontinued without replacement. Talking to a salesman when we picked up the wife's car who said the Exeo and Toledo were their worst sellers .

I don't disagree Stokey. I'm just making the comparison about price points. I wasn't aware the Exeo was being discontinued so perhaps it makes sense for VAG to price the vRS at £25k to fill the gap.

Can get a really good idea of what the price if the new vRS will be :-

Look at the Golf GTi & take off around 2k. as historically this has been the price difference

I don't disagree Stokey. I'm just making the comparison about price points. I wasn't aware the Exeo was being discontinued so perhaps it makes sense for VAG to price the vRS at £25k to fill the gap.

The Exeo Sport isnt in the same league at all as the new Octy 3. The new Leon would be the natural SEAT equivalent to Skoda's Octavia as it'll be offered in FR and Cupra trim as well as estate format. :)