Bobbling on seats

Hi,

My wife has an 17 month old (61 plate with 14,000 Miles on clock) Octavia Elegance and the seats in both front and rear have what I would call bobbling.

I did find another thread on the subject but this was on a 2008 (which may be pre-facelift) so I have started this thread in the hope anyone can help.

I just wanted to know if this was a common fault and if there was anything the dealer could do ? I don't really want to have to fit seat covers as I don't like the look of them. Not sure why I should either as my 9 year old Corolla doesn't have the same problem.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Looks like one of these might sort the problem ? --> (LINK REMOVED AFTER REPORT IT CRASHED SOMEONE'S COMPUTER)

Edited by devonutopia

I had the seat cover and foam replaced under warranty on the drivers seat of my Scout within the firsts 12 months due to bobbling and the fact the side bolsters of the seat base were 'crinkling'..

The side bolsters on both fronts seats are beginning to 'crinlke', I am thinking of gettin all the seats re-upholstered with leather and getting them to put a better quality foam in there.

FIn

I had the seat cover and foam replaced under warranty on the drivers seat of my Scout within the firsts 12 months due to bobbling and the fact the side bolsters of the seat base were 'crinkling'..

The side bolsters on both fronts seats are beginning to 'crinlke', I am thinking of gettin all the seats re-upholstered with leather and getting them to put a better quality foam in there.

FIn

OK thanks. Its due for a service soon so I may just see what the dealership has to say about it. I don't think its acceptable for an 18 month car to be in such a state.

Its a shame really as I think the seat fabric and floor mats are the only thing letting Skoda down at the moment :(

Cheers.

I've done almost 60,000 miles and not noticed any bobbling yet.Maybe down to wearing abrasive/studded trousers? Seen quite a few metallic items on ladies trousers while sorting them in our local hospice donation centre.

On my second set of floor mats as my clutch foot (size 12) wore through the original mat.

• Like 1

I've done almost 60,000 miles and not noticed any bobbling yet.Maybe down to wearing abrasive/studded trousers? Seen quite a few metallic items on ladies trousers while sorting them in our local hospice donation centre.

On my second set of floor mats as my clutch foot (size 12) wore through the original mat.

Thing is, its all the seats that its happening to, but more so the back ones. Think I'll just put it down to experience and get one of them JML thingys from ASDA next time I am in there. I'll ask the dealer when I take it for its service but I am guessing they wont have much to say about it.

• 2 weeks later...

An old traders trick is to use a disposable razor on the seats, make sure to only put a small amount of pressure on the razor and take your time.

Great. That worked perfectly :)

They look like new again now.

Thanks !

• 1 year later...

I realise this thread is quite old now but I have the same problem of "bobbling" on the front seats of a Sept 62 Elegance with cloth seats.

I bought the car in Jan 14 with 16k on the clock. I did not notice any bobbling at the time but now at 24k miles it is very noticeable particularly on the drivers seat.

The Skoda warranty limits claims for such items to 6 months, an unreasonably short period, has anyone succeeded with a warranty claim for older vehicles?

I bought from a Skoda dealer some distance from me and have not yet taken the matter up with them, I would like to get some feedback before doing so.

Any views please.

Thanks

No help with the dealer. 

Lidl/Aldi occasionally have the little shavers expressly for safely removing bobbles.  Bit like a Philishave.  Even have a litle container to capture them.

I have leather seats, so never tried them on the car, but work fine on fleeces.

No doubt others flog them too.

Driver's seat suffering from the cheap foam problem to the extent after 75K on the clock it feels like your @rse has falen through the seat onto the metal underframe.

Dont suppose anyone has gone to the expense of getting a seat base replaced? If so how £?