Remote wire placement on oem satnav

I have a 06 plate octavia vrs with the nexen/ nexus satnav, I'm putting my sub and amp in tomorrow and just wondered where to attach the remote wire as this is the first time doing an install with an oem stereo

as above, it doesnt have one. Canbus is data and works differently to the older style ignition live, perm live etc systems.

Get your self a fuse tap from helfrauds which allows you to place a fuse in the fuse box and run a cable from it safely. There is a free ignition live in the early vrs's. Mine had a towbar and they used it to power the electrics, im using it to power my Pioneer usb box.

I have a 06 plate octavia vrs with the nexen/ nexus satnav, I'm putting my sub and amp in tomorrow and just wondered where to attach the remote wire as this is the first time doing an install with an oem stereo

Nexus (MFD2) should have a "switched +UB" output on the back. Also for RNS510 and a lot of other OEM units the "switched CDC" output can be used as a remote.

post-19322-0-12813300-1373291280_thumb.jpg