Repacing front indicator lamp

So there's me thinking what a straight forward job this would be... but for goodness sake! :devil:

How on earth do you replace the a front indicator lamp! :wall:

I pulled the rubber back cover off which revealed a small connector.. which just popped off... which I cant even get back on again.... but I will face that later.... but where on earth do you get access to the lamp?

Where the lamp seems to fit seems to be part of the moulding?

I bet there is a really simple answer?

Thanks

Andy

Hah!  Ok.. saw that earlier and was just going to reply...

Having looked at the other side now I can see how the indicator lamp twists and pulls out but this really needs the electric connector on it to get a grip... and I cant get this back on

it looks like I will have to remove the headlamp to do this... and will post a question about how to do this... I got it loose but just cant get it out.

Thanks

Was wanting to change the amber bulbs for chrome, but after having a look, I think the amber ones will have to stay a bit longer. :wall:

• 1 year later...

I've just spent the best part of an hour trying to remove the sodding things as well, I think you need hands like a 6 year old!

I've fitted replacement suspension struts in less time than that!.. I'm going to have to try again when I've got some workshop gloves, as I've shredded my hands to bits.

What a stupid bloody design, you can disconnect the power no problem, twist them almost out of the holder, but they seem to get stuck somehow. :(

Let me know how to get them back in properly!

I was swapping to LED's, and now have the offside fitted without the small rubber seal around the lamp flange, and the nearside have the original bulb fitted loosely, as I cannot get it to turn when its inserted. I damaged the LED trying to fit it so now have to try and repair that as well.

Why change from the Octavia headlights which just pulled out after turning a lever. That was a marvellous design! :devil:

You think the Superb is bad, on the new MkIII Octavia you have to physically break open the back of the headlight to access the bulb and then buy a special fix kit with two self tapping screws to cover the hole you've made to gain access!

That's progress for you!