Good Bye Yeti

James I

Most definitely bilun777, as soon as I get the option to choose a car it will be look in the yeti brochure. My new employer has a company car policy based on value, my limit is £30k so can have whatever we want. So a Yeti is well in spec.

• Like 1

All the best with the new job James.

Does your company car policy not have an upper mileage limit then? Not many schemes I know run the fleet to 106k miles!

All the best with the new job James.

Does your company car policy not have an upper mileage limit then? Not many schemes I know run the fleet to 106k miles!

No mate, most of my cars have gone back with 135,000+ miles on them after 3 years!

To update, I have now handed in my notice, a 3 month notice I have to add!  IF a replacement can be found I can leave sooner, if not then I still have the Yeti until the end of March which is good because the lease on the BMW is ticking away and I will have it for less time  ;)

Thanks for the best wishes, all appreciated.

• Like 1

Most definitely bilun777, as soon as I get the option to choose a car it will be look in the yeti brochure. My new employer has a company car policy based on value, my limit is £30k so can have whatever we want. So a Yeti is well in spec.

Have they got any vacancies, I'm wanting to change too.  :)

They sure do, having just moved to a much larger factory and investing in new machines, they are employing new people from the art room to the presses.  Not sure on your location Macdemon, they are in Leeds...

Pity you can't buy the Yeti from them; I might have been interested :)

High milage and under serviced?

Not sure I'd want to take that on if I am honest.

Would be cheap though. :)

How do you mean under serviced?

It's just had oil changes most of the time.

Leaseplan wouldn't even change the haldex oil when it was required and left it until the diff was whining.

I'm sure James will elaborate.

Lease cars often have a cheaper menu of servicing that manufacturers reccommend to private buyers...

BossFox is correct, my Yeti has been serviced every 20,000 miles,

20,000 service 1 = oil and filter

40,000 service 2 = oil and filter

60,000 service 3 = oil, air and fuel filters no pollen filter, I had to swap that 

80,000 service 4 = oil and filter

100,000 service 5 = oil and filter + rear pads and discs because they were scored, fronts are still original.

Cambelt is due at 140,000 miles on lease plans menu of servicing, a long time but when you think the car is under three years old maybe time is in the belts favour for life expectancy  :wonder:

I also have to add that every time the car was collected I dipped the oil, VW, Audi and Skoda all do the same and only fill the oil up so as it is just over the minimum mark on the dip stick.

Haldex was a special book in as it was whining like an old Chevette! They changed the Haldex and diff oil and all is quiet now.

Other sundry items that the Yeti has had is a heated seat base, drivers side and that is all in 107,000 miles, personally I think this is a very good reliability record for a car that gets well used.  

Would I buy it?   Probably would because it drives really well, the gear change is very slick now and it is getting a good shine on the steering wheel but all said it still pulls like a train and has no issues other than a cold start tap on the top end, easy enough to sort if you wanted to.  Price would have to be low too  :happy:

If anybody does see it on a forecourt for sale later this year let me know the mileage as I would love to know if it gets clocked and what it sold for, so keep an eye out for DF11JZG

Because when we order a new car it might take a week or 8 months to arrive like in the case of the Yeti, so we have to keep the current car until the new one arrives, MOT is needed after three years so we get them done, it is always done at Kwik Fit too! Leaseplan stipulate this.

Because when we order a new car it might take a week or 8 months to arrive like in the case of the Yeti, so we have to keep the current car until the new one arrives, MOT is needed after three years so we get them done, it is always done at Kwik Fit too! Leaseplan stipulate this.

Sorry, when you said it goes back, I was thinking it goes back to leaseplan but you mean you're handing back to your company, who will be keeping it for the remainder of the term.

Thats correct, some other lucky sod will have my car until the lease runs out.

When I chose the Yeti I was ridiculed by colleagues with BMW and Audi cars, now I have resigned I hear there is one or two people who want to run my car until it goes back lol.  Excuses like, I could drive it when it snows and I need it tow a boat for a friend, a little Skoda envy in the ranks  :giggle:

• Like 1

Lease companies are terrible with authorising servicing. When I had company cars, particularly my last 2.0 Sport Passat, they were always overriding what the garage said should be done at a service. On one classic occasion they rang the lease company to say the brake pads needed changing. They responded by saying is the dash light on... No...then do not replace them.

Six days later the light came on when I was over 300 miles from home, I could not get to an approved service garage that week. I drove around two days working then home, took the car into the VW garage  locally. You've guessed it, not only new pads required, but new discs as well.

They would not let the garage put screenwash in, never had a pollen filter approved, would only allow one windscreen wiper blade to be replaced at a time, and many others. If the car has done over 100k on a company car lease I would go no where near it at any price. I often wonder what has happened to my many company cars all with over 100k on the clock, but always immaculate inside and out, as James 1 says earlier, maybe sold through auction and possibly clocked

Same with tyres, on the first change they let you have one and use the spare if there is a full size spare that is.  I have been in on numerous occasions for tyres to be told come back when they have 2mm on them!!   Just how it is I suppose.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...