Fabia Mk2 vRS, late 2012 on CTHE 1.4 TSI Engine Remaps.

have to let us know if you get on an RR ive a mate with a Focus ST.. and i reckon its AS fast.. if not a little quicker up to 60.. ill have to see if he will put his next to mine.. i know after 60 he would run all over me but.. lets be honest.. we all obviously stay within the national speed limits so as if it matters ;)

Actually i think he will be well ahead of you to 60 mph, then you will blow him away.

Your 0-62 is certainly not the best, if you get the traction, then 6.5 seconds is OK.

Well if both your cars go as in most previous cases.

You know the story,  the best way to find out is do it.

Just remember to put the TC off, or it can be embarrassing.

Edited by goneoffSKi

id blow him away after 62? hmm.. i didnt know how close id be to him, but he is driving a manual and his gear changes maybe slightly sloppy compared to the DSG i certainly dont find them "wonderfully smooth", Yeah i will have to ask him.. to see what he says.. id love to put them side by side.. turn the TC off.. be good that.. do you reckon you could get it faster through the paddles or? 

Put it across to manual 1st.   TC Off.

do not put your foot on the foot brake.

Hand brake if you need.

Floor it, do not change gear manually, to 2nd, 3rd or 4th,  just let the box do it,  it will, or should

& then change up before the red line to 5th.

You should be above 100 mph by then.

Obviously if the DSG breaks, do not blame me.

It might not be the fastest in a CTHE,  It might be no use in a CTHE,

it is in a CAVE by my timing.

Obviously good tyres help, & tyre pressures.  Maybe the Standard Tyres are not the best.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I always let 1st -2nd and 2nd-3rd change up by itself, then go onto manual change at 6k from 3rd - 4th on.... :)

when I had the box on my old CAVE I would go to 7k in all gears, as it didn't trail off like the standard map did at 6k.....

not actually sure what the CTHE map does between 6-7k....... I need to get on a RR! lol... (preferably before the santa pod sessions!)

sounds awesome!! hes just text me telling me he gets a puny 20mpg.. but he isnt keen for side by side.. that'll change when i say its coz mines faster.. thanks for the tips George!!! be definitely trying this.. and haha no if it breaks ill just be sat in the car for about 3 days mourning the loss.. haha :). what you thinking the best tyre pressures are? or what youve found? i was going to start a thread to see if anyone had used the "all weather" tyres on the fabia.. had some good reports from friends.. 

for me.

1: I run 2.5 bar all round

2: run track day tyres in the summer (RSR's) and have NO traction issues at all (of course its turned off (ASR) XDS off for track season, ON for the winter months)

3: and as track tyres will probably kill you in winter, I have just changed to the goodyear winters, in 205/45/16 flavour :)

shark

• Like 1

Why not just do a search and read the dozens of tyre threads,

and bring one back to life.

They all come with all weather tyres,  just not good in all temperatures,

do you mean 'All Weather'  great in the Cold & Wet, Fantastic in the Summer.

No such tyre exists.

Should have waited for your reply before i started a new reply.. if anyone knows how to delete a thread please enlighten me! haha . yeah ill go through them, 

Cheers for the input there Shark, i might have to look at some winters, just budget not allowing right now with it being Xmas, keep getting told to buy presents for folk.. dont know why i cant buy presents for the car ..

• 2 weeks later...

I see that there was never a reply from 'Shark Performance' to the question on CTHE Maps in the Performance section,

& REVO or APR have still not acknowledged that they can do a Stage 1 Map on a CTHE even though looking at 

the Websites you might believe they can.

So is anyone any more clued up recently, and knows of a CTHE car that has had a Stage 1 MAP done?

and its a "direct download" no cracking of the ECU....

this is the next thing I do the second the warrenty runs out.

(unless my car makes 200bhp on a RR standard, in which case it wont be worth the wonga!)

Waiting for the graph, when is the big day?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are a few month on since the various Companies that say they can Remap a CTHE via the OBD Port. 

So who has had a CTHE REmapped by APR, REVO, Shark Performance or anyone else,

or knows someone that has had a CTHE Remapped to Stage 1 or 2. ?

Edited by goneoffSKi

Don't know anyone who has had this done George but can tell you I was in discussion with Revo on this, they had claimed they now offer remap for CAVE and CTHE 1.4Tsi. I was advised to check with local Revo dealer for details of cost etc, obviously I'm not doing it due to warranty etc on replacement engine however it seems at least one company now claims to have map available for CTHE. 

Claim was that bhp would increase by as much as 40bhp, but if those are based on book figures that could be misleading. For example I believe the manufacturer figure is a minimum figure, and a CAVE engined car running purely on Momentum 99 could be around 185 or so rather than the 178 manufacturer given figure, I think CTHE standard there has been a member on here who found on a RR that the true figure was 192!

So, I guess what I am saying is, REVO can claim 40bhp on the manufacturer figure but in reality the gains will be less than that. Torque might be significantly improved, and torque band through the gears.

Would be interested as well to hear from a brave soul who had went and got a remap done.

I have had a REVO Remap on a CAVE as others have, and without defaming REVO, it is safe to say the Stage 1 Map was rather poor 

for a 1.4 TSI CAVE 132 km Minimum, or TFSI 136kw Minimum.

So you would hope they have written a better Map for a CTHE engine.

Edited by goneoffSKi

George, it was being put across to me that this map being offered by Revo was a new map, so I'm not sure if they've gone away and learned from previous experience to produce something better than what they provided for you? I would hope so if the product offered was not of the required or expected standard, but as I say I'm not entirely certain of history of this offer i.e is it different map or same one relaunched.

For a CAVE engine you can have a perfectly good Stage 1 Remap from APR.  

So no real need to go with REVO unless the are guaranteeing there are none of the previous issues

that they never admitted to being down to them anyway.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 1 month later...