Skoda yeti brake pads

Samyeti

Whilst fitting my new brake pads with wear indicators I noticed the plug for the wear indicator is on the opposite side to where the pads are, so the cable won't reach and it's a male to male connection?? Where am I going wrong?

Any help is appreciated

Sam

Are they similar to Polo/Fabia pads? Have you compared them to the ones you took off? Is the wire on the same position pad?

I'm not sure wether there similar to the polo or fabia. I've only had the wheel off for investigation and I couldn't see any cable coming from the old pads, but there was a cable from the arch lining into the hub with the same connector, sounds like I need to take the caliper off to find out for sure. But it does sound like wrong pads, maybe the pads come as standard with the cable on one of them, and can be removed if not needed as the pads are correct size/ shape/ fit?

Sam,

Where did you get these pads from?

What make are they?

Do they have a part number on them?

Which Yeti do you have?

How old is it?

I got these pads from eurocar parts, there pagid, part number 101 44 0678

I have yeti 2.0 tdi 110 cr se 2011

They look like the Fabia pads I fitted to my 1.6 petrol a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone advise if Yeti should be the same? The only pad with the 'warning light' wire went on near side front. Connector on the one pictured looks the same, too.

I've checked pagids website and the numbers match up.

The pads are the right size I'm just having trouble with this cable sticking out the side of one of them. There's nowhere for it to go?

There is a cable already there on the car but it does not go to the pad it goes into the hub on the right hand side opposite to the pads. Unless there's something I'm missing? An adapter cable or something else.

Does the cable from the pads connect to the cable or to the side of the hub on the left hand side?

If you are having to ask all these questions I would seriously be getting someone else to change the pads for you. Getting it wrong could have serious consequences.

• Like 1

Thank you for advice, but I am more than experienced and aware of what I'm doing, the problem I'm having is the new parts I have in my hand, numbers match, checked several manufacturers and website, but it is not what I'm seeing on the car

There is a cable already there on the car but it does not go to the pad it goes into the hub on the right hand side opposite to the pads. Unless there's something I'm missing? An adapter cable or something else.

Does the cable from the pads connect to the cable or to the side of the hub on the left hand side?

Is it a Y cable, with the tail of the Y disappearing through a grommet into the arch? If it's anything like the Octavia, the cable will split and there will be connection to the ABS sensor and one to the pad wear sensor.

Is it a Y cable, with the tail of the Y disappearing through a grommet into the arch? If it's anything like the Octavia, the cable will split and there will be connection to the ABS sensor and one to the pad wear sensor.

I shall check this out, and also check with the supplier. Thank you

• 5 months later...

Did you get to the bottom of this issue?

The reason I ask is I have a Yeti 4x4 (140) tdi elegance and when checking brake pads and discs have discovered that the originally fitted front pads do not have any wear indicator wires at all. There is no connection for this either, just the ABS sensor on the hub, which is probably a similar connector to the pad wear one.

Looking at all Pagid and other pads for sale for the 288x25 disc and caliper15" FN3 it appears they all come with wear indicator wires, but it doesnt look like any are fitted to this Yeti and maybe other Yeti's?. Seems odd to me as thought this was standard fare these days, especially on a top of the range model.

The reason I started checking the brakes was I noticed it was vibrating when slowing and turns out it is the usual rusty discs on rear and front.

One of the rear pads was well worn down, more than others, so looks like the handbrake had been partially on and it was a bit stiff, so lubed the plastic cover with silicone on mech cover which has improved operability (known issue).

Rusty discs... Pretty poor for a 2.5 year old car (25k miles), but seems its not good to be green and you need to do heavy braking regularly to keep discs/pads in working order.

Will have to replace rear discs and pads, even though the sliders are all free and nothing really amiss. Fronts will clean up with some more heavy braking.

I've just changed my fronts over to Brembo discs and pads. The pads came with a wear indicator wire fitment, but the ones I removed most definitely didn't. I actually did a caliper swap as I'd refurbed some that would take the 312mm discs and there were definitely no wires connected to any part of the caliper, neither the caliper itself, or the brake pads within them.

I didn't know this prior to fitment, so ended up just snipping the wear indicator off (as close to the pad as possible) with a pair of wire cutters. Mine's a 2011 1.8t.

If the pads fit, you may just need to snip the wire off and all will be good :)