Yeti Ordered

lfc958

Well it has eventually been done.

Ordered & a deposit paid :-

L&K        Muscavado Metallic       1.8 Petrol Outdoor         Manual        KESSY        Spare Wheel.

Am hoping that 2 of the 3 dealers i have spoken to are correct that average delivery time on this spec is 13 weeks, which means that as soon as I have a delivery date I will be taking my private plate off my Octy vRS, then putting it up for sale, as i do not want to give it to the dealer in PX the offer was awful.

We really dont have any use for 2 cars  SWMBO has a 1.2 Fabia SE+ & I have the Octy vRS, both very low milage, so it is time to consolidate these to 1 car that will suit our needs.

My Local dealer is not going to get any peace now as once i have delivery date, then 4 weeks before will badger to see if date is confirmed build, then 1 week after build follow the boat across the channel with it on :)  lol 

• Like 2

Similar spec to what I ordered, was quoted 12 weeks delivery, today is week 10 and I have been given this week, (week 11) as a build week. So Im hopeful it's all on time. Although it will have two Channel crossing to do!

Oh Goody :)  that is hopeful.

You have ordered more options than me as the only REAL option i consider for mine is the KESSY as you can buy the spare wheel bits from dealers.

• Like 1

Pouclee how does GST affect the retail price of your new Yeti. Overhere on the Isle of Man we have a Vat agreement with the UK so not any cheaper over here

Tony

GST (Goods and Services Tax) is 5%, but the VAT is not charged as we are not members of the EU.  So the cost of the car and any options are basically 15% cheaper that UK mainland. No road tax as it's included in fuel,  £1.08 per litre currently for unleaded, and no MOT. 

GST (Goods and Services Tax) is 5%, but the VAT is not charged as we are not members of the EU.  So the cost of the car and any options are basically 15% cheaper that UK mainland. No road tax as it's included in fuel,  £1.08 per litre currently for unleaded, and no MOT.

The no MOT bit is a bit scary. There are many irresponsible people around. Paying less is great though.

Well got a nice surprise as I pestered my dealer for the prelim build date on the system.

i have week 16  w/c 15 April.  :dance:  :dance:  :beer:  :beer:  :clap:  :clap:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:   which is 4 weeks away.  Would be very nice if it arrives before our holiday at the end of

June.

Before i get shot down in flames about not expecting too much as it is only a preliminary date- I am well aware of how Skoda can mess dates around as i had to wait 6 month for my current Octy ( now in For Sale & Wanted) they changed the date on it 3 times & already had a 20 week prelim build date.

• 4 weeks later...

Being built this week :)

So will have it for End of June.

Did you order on 14th March as an earlier post above. If so isn't that a bit of a record from order to build.

I ordered 16th Feb and still have provisional build week 24, that's June 9th.

Colin

@ Colin- Yes i did order on the date stated above -  meant end of April receipt, I think it depends on what options you add as Gizmo68 has ordered same model with more extras & was give 5 week prelim date from order.

Just confirmed with dealer, Car is at Emden waiting for ship   B)  if this is correct then the car must have been built early as has been a few cases mentioned in other posts.

Will go huntng around to see remind me how to track car delivery ships.

Not a record, your dealer is just slow eribaMotters ;)

I ordered the day before you, 15th Feb mine went onto the system - I should collect at the end of this month. It's definitely been built and is on its way.

Just confirmed with dealer, Car is at Emden waiting for ship   B)

Which boat is it on? The Afican Highway is the only on in port at the moment (The Camilla Ace is also in port but it's destination is the USA) ans the ISAR Highway has just left port this instant for Grimsby.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/9195145/vessel:ISAR_HIGHWAY

Edited by Zeanie

I am hoping it has got onto the Isar HIghway as the car park area seems quite empty from google maps, due to arrive tomorrow @ 18:00.

Had noticed that the african highway is due to leave shortly but that is not Grimsby bound.

Not a record, your dealer is just slow eribaMotters ;)

I ordered the day before you, 15th Feb mine went onto the system - I should collect at the end of this month. It's definitely been built and is on its way.

I suppose it's my fault as I have gone for extravagent extras [joke], such as heated screen and spare wheel. Being serious I think it as I have ordered an 2WD Diesel Yeti SE and not the Outdoor. It looks like they are having wheel supply issues. I think this has effected other models as well, as some members have been talking of change of standard wheels being supplied on other trim levels.

Colin

You get a choice of wheels on the L&K - take it or leave it ( & buy your own).

It does seem to be the more options you add the slightly longer it takes to build

All a lottery really isn't it?! I've got a few options on my Elegance, so it's not as if they can just chuck it straight down the assembly line :)

(CR170 Elegance 4x4 Outdoor Manual)

Faith & Trust in my long time local dealer will dissappear completely if i don't get a really good PX or freebies on my Yeti.

Found out last night that my car has not actually been put up for sale & had the replacement reg plates put on as promised by the dealer, or put on their web site despite me providing the pictures for them. :no:

I was encouraged to put my car on their forecourt to sell on my behalf before the Yeti arrives, was also advised not to give it to them till i have the allocated reg plate for my private one.

So i got replacement reg & docs, took car to them as they said they would get the new plates made up & put on, then onto the forecourt & up for sale.

SWMBO found out from one of her friends who had been car shopping over the weekend that my car is sitting in a corner still with my plates on ( she recognised them), & no for sale or price on it, so it looks like either a service or repair sitting their.  :swear:

What makes this even more annoying is that i was advised that they would not put on web while i had mine up as the prices would be different, so i removed my ads as soon as i dropped the car to them, it has been sitting not up for sale for 2 weeks & I could have used that time to try & sell it, & they did not even have the expense of sorting pictures to go on the web site as i supplied lots for them to choose from. :@

GIven this info, I have been in touch with SUK Customer service & been told that my car is in transit to Emden & NOT in Emden as advised by the dealer yesterday.

Adamsons Skoda - Deal - Kent

Update - just been to speak to them & the car is actually at the front of their forecourt, but no price & still with my private plate on.

I do know they have been swamped with sales & there is only 2 of them, but i did say that maybe they shouldn't have taken my car, & I could have done the plates myself and continued to try to sell.

I have been offered cashback on the sale of my car  & SWMBO's depending on price when it has been sold even after i have the Yeti.

However this is a wait & see, I have no issues with the service dept so will take the Yeti their to be serviced as it is local & can get a "free" loan while it is in , but i will be having a long conversation with myself whether i buy another car from them in future.

You should always shop around when you buy, because buying at or near list price from a local dealer time after time is just pumping money into them.

And you'd at least expect them to help you out a bit with all the money they've earned, but clearly it doesn't seem like that's happening.

Maybe they just expect you to come in and hand over your wallet.

If the VRS doesn't sell will you have to pay for the cars outright or will you be forced to let them have the VRS in part exchange at a cheaper price?

If the latter, could that be part of the answer?

You have a good point Richard. With the Yeti, i did at least manage to get 1k knocked off the price ( not as much as you can get buying bulk ;)    ) but at a push & if i was such a valued customer i am starting to wonder why i was not offered any discount from the start - It is a questioni am going to ask when i pick the car up.

As  I have known the Salesman for over 10 years now, the ' cashback ' offer is one i will definately not be letting go of, & have already decided that any new Skoda wont be bought from them.

If i get any grief over the 'cashback ' i will take the servicing elsewhere.

A very good lesson learned with this purchase .

You have a good point Richard. With the Yeti, i did at least manage to get 1k knocked off the price ( not as much as you can get buying bulk ;)    ) but at a push & if i was such a valued customer i am starting to wonder why i was not offered any discount from the start - It is a questioni am going to ask when i pick the car up.

At the end of the day, they want to make money.

If you only use them then they'll happily sell you a car at list.

When I walked into Preston Motors four years ago as an unknown I took a printed quote from drive the deal and they got close enough to make it worth using the local dealer.  I've since introduced a few people to Preston Motors and they've all been very happy with the prices.

Three other dealers back then were sayng no discounts on any Yetis.

But what's done is done, what you want is for them to pull their finger out and get that car sold before your one arrives.

My concern would be that if the car isn't sold before your Yeti arrives do you have to pay for the Yeti outright?

If they let it drag on it makes you more keen to take a lower price, which I'd be concerned is the reason it's not yet up for sale...