Days until....my Superb goes back

Five days to go. Had to do an unexpected 100 mile round trip last night due to a family crisis. Those extra miles would take me over personal lease mileage allowance and in to additional payments. Option was take SWMBOs Yaris.

Heart won out over head as I wanted to get there quickly, safely, in comfort and relaxed. Crisis averted, cracking drive back home on quiet A92 in Fife, well worth the additional miles penalty

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Four days. Reality check time. This is serious now, Fiesta boot is less than half the size of the Superb. Might need a trailer!!

And a roof box

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Already have a roofbox which has been used a couple of times a year for holidays. Bought footpack for the Thule bars to fit the Fiesta last week. Superb can carry 100kg on roof, Fiesta limit is 40kg

Three days to go. Inside hoovered and shampooed last night, outside snofoamed, cleaned with 2BM, and wheels cleaned and recoated with Autoglym clear top coat. Car then put in the garage to keep it clean ready for Autoglym resin polish and top coat today, finally windows will be done with Autoglym glass cleaner. Superb will go back to lease company looking better than when they delivered it to me three years ago

• Like 2

Three days to go. Inside hoovered and shampooed last night, outside snofoamed, cleaned with 2BM, and wheels cleaned and recoated with Autoglym clear top coat. Car then put in the garage to keep it clean ready for Autoglym resin polish and top coat today, finally windows will be done with Autoglym glass cleaner. Superb will go back to lease company looking better than when they delivered it to me three years ago

99.9% probably wouldn't even bother wiping it down with an oily rag tbh.

You've got a really good attitude and a show of total respect towards others property.. :clap:

You can park next to mine anytime

Superb is now depersonalised shell. Gone are the CDs, the cable that connected in the armrest to play my iPod and Dab radio through the speakers.

Gone is the clip in the airvent that holds my Tom Tom.

Gone is the microfibre cleaning cloth from the drivers door bin and the packet of dash wipes from the small cubby hole under the passenger seat.

Gone all the extras I carried in the boot just in case...an never needed.

May be a depersonalised shell but not a car I will forget. Although excited about my new wheels I will miss the Superb and it will be a sad moment when I hand the keys over to the transporter driver.

• Like 2

Jesus, I hope you don't own an old dog. ;) ;) ;) (Only meant in jest)

Personally, I've never felt any attachment to an inanimate object like a car/house, but I don't knock it as plenty of people do. It seems to me you need to treat yourself and buy an old Land Rover. It will soak up all the time/attention you can give it, and as one journalist once said, with driving a Land Rover you get a feeling that it looks after you, not the other way around.

Jesus, I hope you don't own an old dog. ;) ;) ;) (Only meant in jest)

Personally, I've never felt any attachment to an inanimate object like a car/house, but I don't knock it as plenty of people do. It seems to me you need to treat yourself and buy an old Land Rover. It will soak up all the time/attention you can give it, and as one journalist once said, with driving a Land Rover you get a feeling that it looks after you, not the other way around.

I suffer from this too. It's a personal thing that doesn't affect everyone fortunately.

Memories is what usually causes it, and the knowledge that it's taken you wherever, whenever without fuss or drama, and in fact, became an inanimate great friend.

I've got exactly all this coming up sometime between now and 30/4 when the new Superb arrives and the Fabia goes.

The Fabia has taken me all over the UK and Europe over the last 7 years, and has been the best car I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Crazy I know, and I'm not the least bit excited about the new arrival either.

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 1

Think I need to get out  and mix it with sheeple a bit more tbh. :blush:

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, and they told me it was in Grimsby docks.

Rang the dealer today as the guy that wants my Fabia would like to know when the deal's going to be completed obviously, and all they could tell me was that "it's in the country".

They told me 2 weeks ago that they wanted the deal done and dusted by the end of the month too, so most odd.

No real hurry on my side, but just starting to get a little bit suspicious as to where it REALLY is now. :think:

Edited by Mr Ree

No sniffle, guy who collected it spent 20 minutes checking car inside and out, provided a detailed report on condition for lease company, he arrived carrying a ruck sack and trade plates, told me he was driving it to the Midlands for onward sale..felt like an exam on how well I had looked after the car.

Initial impressions of Fiesta, goes like stink , very smooth and comfy, excellent roadholding, far more tech than my brain can cope with.. Voice activated everything, iPod plugged in an working via head unit, DAB radio tuned, heated part leather seats efficient and comfy. Think I am going to like the car.