Argylevrs's project thread. Mk1 octavia vRS Stage 2

argylevrs

Well thought it was about time to try my hand at this project thread! I've not done one of these before so bear with me ha-ha.

How she looked when I first got her, standard apart from a bodged in jabbasport chip, only described to me as a stage one remap:

firstgotit_zpsb9069b89.jpg

It didn't take long to start modifying after looking at a few cars on here and getting a few ideas, I decided I was going to go stage 2 with the car. So a phone call to R-tech to see what sort of spec was required and I started to buy bits and bobs for her! Toyosports FMIC. de-cat, exhaust, t.i.p etc.

I got a cat back exhaust put on the car, Its not overly loud but sounds awesome on boost and I get the odd pop and bang, but when the cars really warm and going through the gears it does like to shoot the occasional flame out as well, how big or small I don't know!

20130302_142756_zpsb9ec2bcc.jpg

Whilst ordering parts, I ordered some pro sport coil overs and fitted those, pita to do, and had to leave them on a low setting as we had to be somewhere the next day!

a pic of it on the ground after fitting, it was raised a day or so later.

coilovers_zpsc7de16f0.jpg

After fitting the rest of my mods, it was off down to R-tech and boy was I gutted! Boost leaks galore under my inlet, previous owner even gaffer tapped one up! My mistake for not checking it all out I guess, but I had no idea about it! (new to 1.8t and all that) Niki, Ben and Marcus helped me out no end! With a little show and tell they helped me get the PCV system out and bypassed, and I rebooked another date for my map!

PCV left overs:

pcvcrap_zps96c3841c.jpg

Whilst I was waiting for my second trip to the boys at R-tech, they developed their supersize sfs T.I.P and air filter with shield, so I ordered one of each and got the TIP fitted, the air filter would be done on the day of my map!

The second time I went down to R-tech was a much more productive day! eventful as well as exciting ha ha, the car died on the rollers, thanks to that jabbasport chip in my ecu, and so Niki had to pull it out, fix it and continue mapping the car, The guy is Awesome at what he does! Explaining everything to me in terms I could understand, and transformed my vRS.

The car made 235bhp and 280ft/lb torque with a slightly weak actuator. maybe it would've made a little more if it was 100% who knows, but I was over the moon with the results, a quick test drive, I came back grinning from ear to ear!  The drive home was great, sensible,  but the way the car pulled up to 70 on the national speed roads was amazing, effortless compared to my dodgy "stage 1"  I have my print out somewhere, will get a picture of it up soon!

Decided to spray my grill surround to match the car and some pastyboys badges as well:

IMG_0058_zpscaeafb13.jpg

Since then I've bought some LCR hubs, cast arms, steering rack and sub frame and managed to get hold of a mk4 r32 Farb, just got to get some polybushe's in the arms and they should be ready for going on! Gave them a quick rub down and a quick coat of hammerite, noting special at all.

IMG_0943_zpsd1e698cc.jpg

IMG_1007_zps49865665.jpg

Recently I've changed all the interior for LCR seats and a mk4 Golf carpet, looks so much better imo, as the old interior was ditched, The LCR seats are a bit more supportive as well.

cuprar_zps26a227d8.jpeg

cuprar_zpsae0d35a1.jpeg

Replaced my fuel pump with a sytec one, as the other had just about packed up, and have just bought some brembo's from a lcr so when they turn up I will get some more pictures up of it fitted!

That's pretty much it for now, so hopefully I can get some more pictures up soon.

Cheers for looking!

• 4 weeks later...

Well a bit of an update.

Was involved in a RTA with two other cars, and ended up coming off worse. The octy is now on its way back to me after being with the assessors, and they've written it off as a cat b. Here's how it looks now

IMG_1340_zps970e6898.jpg

IMG_1342_zps44af6c4e.jpg

IMG_1341_zpsa5654de5.jpg

Unfortunately it will be being broken, but hopefully itll make a few more people happy with the parts they get haha. I might be back in another Octavia, go down the 4x4 route, or may get into something else. im undecided yet! :(