Audi TT subframe and bits

DBP

Hello all! It has been a VERYYYYY long time since I last stepped on here! Everything has been running fine up to this point!

Problems... Basically I have noticed my suspension has been knocking a bit but only when I turn (coming from the left hand side) and I have heard the power steering pump whining a bit, so I can only guess something has gone pear shaped/going pear shaped with the rack/pump/bushes so forth. So I thought... TT bits? I found someone breaking a TT 225 and I have asked for the subframe, wishbones and rack (£170, good price?) just wondering if I should grab anything else whilst I am there? Also, pictures attached. Does it look alright? post-56735-0-86411900-1398268194_thumb.jpg

Grab the hubs too buddy as these make the complete change. Yes it does look ok and has cast wishbone's which TT , LCR and r32 has

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Get rid of the bracket on the left side wishbone and the red bush/bracket as not needed for octy.

Also fit new TT wishbone bushes to the rear as they are better and two piece than the single vrs bush.

Cool. Il ask for them as well. Is that a good price? Also, think the bushes in there will be alright? I know it makes sense to change, but if I can save a bit of dollar for the moment.

Also Mark, whats your thoughts on the noise?

Have just been offered £200 for everything.

Great price for everything. I paid lot more. The rack itself can go over the £100 easy as it is a quick rack.

Cool. Il ask for them as well. Is that a good price? Also, think the bushes in there will be alright? I know it makes sense to change, but if I can save a bit of dollar for the moment.

Also Mark, whats your thoughts on the noise?

Noise.... In what respect buddy. You won't experience any additional noise.

Great price for everything. I paid lot more. The rack itself can go over the £100 easy as it is a quick rack.

Noise.... In what respect buddy. You won't experience any additional noise.

Its a donking sort of noise (if that makes sense) I don't think its the mounts, the suspension doesn't wallow, steering isn't hard to to turn or anything like that.

I got the whole set up for £100 a few months ago,mind you the guy was breaking a couple of LCR's on his drive and kept tripping over stuff! Lol

£200 is still decent for the whole lot though!

I got the whole set up for £100 a few months ago,mind you the guy was breaking a couple of LCR's on his drive and kept tripping over stuff! Lol

£200 is still decent for the whole lot though!

Quite a few people have said that! Out of interest, does anyone know the weight of it all? / A good place to ship it? Interparcel max out at 50kg and it would be £1 a kg basically but if its 40kg or under it would be half that.

DBP! Fellow tt owner here, please don't bin that little drop link on the n/s wishbone! I will buy it off you, my one for the xenon leveler has snapped!

I'd polybush the wishbones while it's off :)

He has weighed it all and it has come to 70kg!  anyone one know a cheap shipper ha?

JoshH, when it finally arrives, il save it for you.

DBP! Fellow tt owner here, please don't bin that little drop link on the n/s wishbone! I will buy it off you, my one for the xenon leveler has snapped!

I'd polybush the wishbones while it's off :)

It's annoying, my old wishbones are polyed ha!

Looks all there to me. You might want to replace the steering rack bush for a poly one whilst off. Also by new olives when installing the pipes..

Looks all there to me. You might want to replace the steering rack bush for a poly one whilst off. Also by new olives when installing the pipes..

You wouldn't happen to have links to steering rack poly bush and "olives"

You wouldn't happen to have links to steering rack poly bush and "olives"

I have the full part number  list  for the whole sub frame install if you need it buddy but for now here is what you asked for

Steering Parts

8N2422061H                  Steering Rack (quick Rack) 2.6 turns approx (LCR/TT/S3/R32) sometimes have 1J2 422 105 on them

N 100 155 06 (7)   X 4   Steering rack Bolts

N 013 849 4          X2    Steering rack pipe seal washer (olive)

N 013 848 7          X2    Steering Rack pipe seal washer (olive)

Steering rack bush / boot kit x 1

PFF85-416          x 1 Powerflex Steering Rack mount(optional but good choice)

or

PF3366K             x 1 SuperPro Steering Rack mount(optional but this was my choice)

here is power flex one

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Steering+Rack+Mount+Bush/500.html

Cheers for that Mark. Should have it here shortly. I was speaking to him and he still has the 6 speed box(120) and the front calipers(25 a side)

Should I go for these bits as well?

calipers will be 312s the same as ours, but you could buy if that includes the carriers to sell on to a fabia owner as an upgrade as they run 288s.

if you want the box, you will need the drive shafts and the hubs ideally.

calipers will be 312s the same as ours, but you could buy if that includes the carriers to sell on to a fabia owner as an upgrade as they run 288s.

if you want the box, you will need the drive shafts and the hubs ideally.

So far I have coming...

Subframe

Wishbones

Hubs

Rack

I have been offered £150 for the box and the drive shafts. Is there anything else on top of that?

If I go for the 6 speed, will it be a good option, or do I use the 5 speed with the LSD? but not a clue what LSD it is.