My "marmite" Yeti

I am considering a DTUK tuning box as an addition - another member has kindly offered me a ride in his CR170 with tuning box so I can decide whether to go down this route.

In other news... 12,000 miles now passed!

I had the DTUK box on my 170 Yeti.

However I then had it remapped instead and that was smoother and faster.

But the tuning box felt faster because it gave a big slug of torque quickly in the mid range, which long term I didn't consider as good for the car.

I prefer smoothness and drivability over "wow" power delivery.

• Like 4

I am indeed keeping an open mind on the tuning box option.

Initially I was not craving any additional power, but just the last few weeks I have thought that a little more shove might not go amiss, but only if it does not impact on the drivability of the car.

The kind offer from another member will help me to decide.

• Like 1

i can;t believe I've missed this thread since April...

Marmite is correct though. There's some stuff I like and some I don't (but that's my problem not yours as it's your car).

Will be interested in the answer to Llanigraham's question about the spoiler now it has started to rain a bit.

• Like 1

I had the DTUK box on my 170 Yeti.

However I then had it remapped instead and that was smoother and faster.

But the tuning box felt faster because it gave a big slug of torque quickly in the mid range, which long term I didn't consider as good for the car.

I prefer smoothness and drivability over "wow" power delivery.

To be honest the CRt+ unit I have fitted on the 2 +1 setting gives a very smooth curve from 1200 through 3500 rpm, not the slug of torque you experienced. Maybe different maps/settings now offered can achieve the same results as the remap you described?

I am indeed keeping an open mind on the tuning box option.

Initially I was not craving any additional power, but just the last few weeks I have thought that a little more shove might not go amiss, but only if it does not impact on the drivability of the car.

The kind offer from another member will help me to decide.

Contact Andrew at DTUK, I'm sure he'd let you go over a see what the CRt+ feels like on your car before buying.

A few updates to share with you...

- K&N Air Filter now fitted - forgot to photo this - doesn't seem to have made any notable difference to the car as it is, maybe it will come into it's own if/when I go for a tuning box or remap (as is seeming a bit more likely now).

- Yeti Owners Club sticker in the back window (also have the Vanstyle shades in there, but they're coming out soon as they're a poor fit):

24ordsp.jpg

- I have added a cheap but effective dashcam - have the same model in my other cars. Tucked all the wires away behind the roof lining and have it running from a piggy-back fuse in the fusebox - so nicely hardwired in and no visible cables or power supplies.

14io2g3.jpg

- And after mulling this one over for some time - I now have silver roof rails - which I think blend in the silver mirror covers, the front & rear airdam/diffusor sections, as well as the sill protection mouldings I have added. A big thanks to Jerry (aka aerofurb) for agreeing to swap my black roof rails for his silver ones:

md35z6.jpg

• Like 2

(also have the Vanstyle shades in there, but they're coming out soon as they're a poor fit):

I was about to order some of these from superskoda so thought I'd check where yours were from before I do?

Saw this and thought of you, would keep the VRS theme going perfectly :)

http://skodadop.com/en/octavia-iii-/interer-octavia-iii/skoda-octavia-iii-vstavka-rs-na-rul.html

I have gone one (possibly 3) better than that already - have a look on page 1 of this thread - full vRS steering wheel with paddleshift:

2m4bq6w.jpg

I was about to order some of these from superskoda so thought I'd check where yours were from before I do?

Mine are Vanstyle shades - from Vanstyle funnily enough (clue is in the name).

The one superskoda sell are the genuine ones, however the full set of rear window shades from Superskoda is about £250-£300. The ones Vanstyle do are £80 the set.

Others have bought the Vanstyle shades and have been pleased with them, but for me, the rear door window shades just didn't fit at all - seem to be manufactured slightly too big and if you compress them into the recess they mess up the window opening and look very rucked up. The rear side windows fit ok, but the two piece one for the tailgate is also a suspect fit which keeps working loose to the point that every 5th or 6th time you open the tailgate they fall on the road as it opens.

I have had a refund from Vanstyle and they've told me to keep the shades and with the money they have refunded I have ordered the genuine Skoda real tailgate one from Superskoda. I'll keep the two side windows and live without the door windows as my son doesn't really like them anyway - and seeing as he travels mostly in the back that's fine. The shades are only really for the dog's benefit!

superskoda do a full set wich works out at £80 delivered, not the genuine ones but they look identical.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-5pcs-set-of-sun-privacy-bug-shades

These are the ones I was going to order, love the steering wheel by the way.

• Like 1

superskoda do a full set wich works out at £80 delivered, not the genuine ones but they look identical.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-5pcs-set-of-sun-privacy-bug-shades

These are the ones I was going to order, love the steering wheel by the way.

Nice find, I already have genuine Skoda rear door shades and have been thinking about getting the rear side boot ones. This set is cheaper than buying the Skoda ones on their own ( 110 Euro) , with a rear hatch one as a bonus.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Quick update as been a while...

Firstly the Vanstyle shades did get ditched as the rear hatch one kept falling out and the rear door windows were such a bad fit that they hindered the electric window going up & down - so I bit the bullet and shelled out for the genuine Skoda shades which fit perfectly, stay in place, and don't cause any issues.

In other news, 19,000 miles clocked up now so it had it's 2nd service today.

The panoramic roof had been starting to creak a bit so they have realigned the runners & lubed the system and it seems to have cured that.
Also the Amundsen+ occasionally "lost" the DAB signal reception - yet turning the car off/on would magically make it reappear - so they have done a software update on it to see if that rectifies.

So 10 months in, still very happy. Nothing major planned on the mod side now, except I may fit the black monte-carlo grill at some point soon..... and (shock-horror) I'm considering removing the black covers from the "B" pillars and returning them to white for a while.... as I'm getting bored with the look and fancy a change.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well box of goodies arrived over the weekend and today I fitted the first bit...

2cscp6p.jpg
wbap76.jpg
I think this looks really good with my colour scheme and in keeping with the "vRS" look I have gone for. The grill was the only bit of chrome on the outside of the car - save for the badges - so it seemed a bit odd to me. I think the black matches the colour scheme a lot better.

However, this was one hell of a ball-ache of a job which (on the surface of it) looks to be fairly straightforward. Removing the grill from the car involved undoing a load of clips that didn't want to undo - that was bad enough until I found out what an even harder job it was to split the chrome surround from the grill...  Putting it all back together was a doddle though.

So 90 mins to do this which was 85 mins of "disassembly" and 5 mins of reassembly.

I had hoped to get onto some of the other goodies in the box but they will have to wait for another day...
  • Like 2

Well box of goodies arrived over the weekend and today I fitted the first bit...

2cscp6p.jpgwbap76.jpg

I think this looks really good with my colour scheme and in keeping with the "vRS" look I have gone for. The grill was the only bit of chrome on the outside of the car - save for the badges - so it seemed a bit odd to me. I think the black matches the colour scheme a lot better.

However, this was one hell of a ball-ache of a job which (on the surface of it) looks to be fairly straightforward. Removing the grill from the car involved undoing a load of clips that didn't want to undo - that was bad enough until I found out what an even harder job it was to split the chrome surround from the grill...  Putting it all back together was a doddle though.

So 90 mins to do this which was 85 mins of "disassembly" and 5 mins of reassembly.

I had hoped to get onto some of the other goodies in the box but they will have to wait for another day...

Very nice, is that the one from SuperSkoda?

Very nice, is that the one from SuperSkoda?

It is actually a genuine skoda grill - as fitted to the Monte Carlo edition.

I bought it from from Skodadop but SuperSkoda sell the same item.

• Like 1