Hi all just wanted to say hello and ask for some advise.

I have on order a Skoda Superb L&K Estate 170 DSG as my next company car. Going to be interesting as my current company car is a Merc C Class 220 Estate. So it should be interesting to see what the two cars are like as a comparison. Though one thing is for sure there will be a lot more goodies on the L&K compared to the SE Spec Merc.

I definitely dropped the ball on a couple of points when I ordered it from the Leasing company. Firstly I ordered the colour white, not realising that there would be a choice of whites. I automatically assumed it would be a metallic. No the leasing company have ordered the solid white!!!!!! Too late to change it now. Anyone seen a solid white? If so does it look OK or or white van cheap?

Secondly I ordered as an option Tow bar Preparation. Thinking this would include a factory fitted tow bar. But it isn't. It apparently just makes the car ready for a tow bar. I thought at £160 it was a bit cheap. Can anyone advise what I am looking at price wise for a Skoda detachable tow bar to be fitted or if anyone has any experience of another make Witter etc.

As you may of guessed I didn't spend much time researching the car prior to ordering. In my defence it was all done in a bit of a rush.

Lastly as you may of guessed I am looking to tow a caravan with this. Can anyone tell me what the heaviest van they tow with there Superb Estate. Website says max weight for a braked trailer is 1800KG and the total weight is 2142KG but Kerb-weight with driver is 1579KG. The last bit is confusing if trying to use the 85% rule.

If anyone has any answers to any of the questions that I have raised I would appreciate it.

Regards

Sprayman

MultiQuote

I've seen several in white and I think they look great.

Twenty years, white was only ever seen on small cars, then it went out of fashion completely.  There's been a huge upsurge in the last five years, though, on big white cars: Mercedes, BMW, Vauxhall, Kia, Volkswagen all make big models in white and they all look very good to my eye.  I think you'll be very pleased.

I know nothing about towing; sorry.

• Like 1

Yep. I was unsure with white to begin with. I have always had a silver car in the past. Seen a white Superb at the dealership when ordering and it looked great. Subsequently I ordered mine in candy white because it looked very nice indeed. Also ticked the box for sunset glass as it will make the car look even better! :-)

Hi all just wanted to say hello and ask for some advise.

I have on order a Skoda Superb L&K Estate 170 DSG as my next company car. Going to be interesting as my current company car is a Merc C Class 220 Estate. So it should be interesting to see what the two cars are like as a comparison. Though one thing is for sure there will be a lot more goodies on the L&K compared to the SE Spec Merc.

I definitely dropped the ball on a couple of points when I ordered it from the Leasing company. Firstly I ordered the colour white, not realising that there would be a choice of whites. I automatically assumed it would be a metallic. No the leasing company have ordered the solid white!!!!!! Too late to change it now. Anyone seen a solid white? If so does it look OK or or white van cheap?

Secondly I ordered as an option Tow bar Preparation. Thinking this would include a factory fitted tow bar. But it isn't. It apparently just makes the car ready for a tow bar. I thought at £160 it was a bit cheap. Can anyone advise what I am looking at price wise for a Skoda detachable tow bar to be fitted or if anyone has any experience of another make Witter etc.

As you may of guessed I didn't spend much time researching the car prior to ordering. In my defence it was all done in a bit of a rush.

Lastly as you may of guessed I am looking to tow a caravan with this. Can anyone tell me what the heaviest van they tow with there Superb Estate. Website says max weight for a braked trailer is 1800KG and the total weight is 2142KG but Kerb-weight with driver is 1579KG. The last bit is confusing if trying to use the 85% rule.

If anyone has any answers to any of the questions that I have raised I would appreciate it.

Regards

Sprayman

MultiQuote

Hi,

I had a detachable tow bar fitted to my Superb when new in December 2011.

I did not have the tow bar preparation done at the time so that should save you some money.

My fitting was only for towing a small trailer which I use to take rubbish to the dump so expect your electrics will be quite different.

The cost of my fitting at the time was £493 if that helps and this was undertaken by a well respected local company who came to my house. 

As a matter of interest, when not in use it is not possible to see that a tow bar fitting is in place as the electrics fold up behind the rear bumper and the fitting itself is underneath. The only problem with this is that I find it impossible to fit the tow bar without having to lie on the ground as I cannot see where I am going. Taking off is different as all is there to see.

Hope this helps.

Hello sussexvet

re you having to lie down to fit the towbar..try fitting it with the tailgate ( or boot) open and use the door latch ..which will be straight in front of you to line up the towbar

you'll soon the the hang of it

back9

Mine is Candy White - which is the standard sold white. When I had mine there was no other whites available.

In that case I will be happy. It looks gorgeous!

Thanks Coop for reassuring me.

• Like 1

Personally I have metallic silver but the ones in white look good as long as they are kept clean. Hope you enjoy the new car when it arrives.

Hi Coops I live in Ibstock. Though currently on hols at the minute.

Ok, I'm not a million miles away and can pass through Ibstock on my way home if you want to see the white in the flesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello sussexvet

re you having to lie down to fit the towbar..try fitting it with the tailgate ( or boot) open and use the door latch ..which will be straight in front of you to line up the towbar

you'll soon the the hang of it

back9

Hi Back9,

Job done, why didn't I work that out 3 years ago !!

The old Merc imo isn't as good as it's made out to be

The new Superb won't make you feel you expected the Marriot and got a Travelodge, the only thing you will lose is a bit of prestige image and only if that bothers you anyway, for me it doesn't, I just think how many more beer tokens I have to spend over the mug who paid £40k for a badge.