My old vRS

http://www.hondalondon.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-fabia-1-4-tsi-vrs-5dr-dsg-greater-london-201407045542246

Just in case someone might be interested.The dealers don't seem to appreciate extras,not even mentioning them,and they didn't seem to reflect in the price they gave me!! 

Anyway, it's a good example and there should be plenty of scope for a better deal than the sticker price.

• Like 1

That's an excellent price if you can get it really!

BTW, should it not be in "For Sale " thread?

It's not me that's selling it!!....just flagging it up for interest's sake.

I should really have taken a bit of trouble and sold it privately,it should have fetched £10 to £10.5 k.

I would say still a reasonable buy from the dealer if they come down to £11k given the options on it.

I never ask the Salesperson about the 'extras',  i ask them to show my the Switch for the Front Fog Lights, as on the Exterior/Interior features.

Then i ask if the Limited Slip Differential fitted was a replacement for the XDS-Electronic Differential Lock the car has as Standard.

They usually have something to do by then, 

& i can get a good look over the car by myself.

george

• Like 2

I never ask the Salesperson about the 'extras', i ask them to show my the Switch for the Front Fog Lights, as on the Exterior/Interior features.

Then i ask if the Limited Slip Differential fitted was a replacement for the XDS-Electronic Differential Lock the car has as Standard.

They usually have something to do by then,

& i can get a good look over the car by myself.

george

Yes,most dealers are so lazy,they just link every ad to the standard spec given on whatever database they use....which,as above, usually contain errors.

Others use the trick of implying that certain things are extras whereas they are just part of the standard spec.

Edited by XK140

I'm after a used vRS and interested in this one as it's a few miles away. Could you tell me if it's an oil user?

It always used some oil but ran perfectly.

To condense the thousands of words on this subject into one sentence,most use some oil,a few use little or no oil and a few use loads of oil and have other engine problems so as to need replacements.Mine was in the first category.

My old car has Eibach springs,sunroof,climate control,armrest and,importantly,factory warranty extended to 5 years.

Whether it is the car for you is for you to judge,but all I can say is I did not sell it because it had faults.

• Like 2

Thanks for replying. Sounds like a nice car just a bit over priced at the dealer at the moment. Does it have a cave engine and how much oil did you have to put in on a regular basis?

It's the CTHE engine and I topped up with 0.5 litre every 1000/1200 miles. 

I forgot it's also got cruise control,just had a service and the next service due in a year's time is a free one. 

If you are interested haggle hard,they have plenty of margin in it!!!

The original Manufacturers Warranty runs for 3 years unless it was extended when new to 5 years.

At the end of the 3 Year Warranty, or the 12 Months a Dealer Puts on when bought at a Skoda Dealership as an Approved Car,

or when ever it expires at provided at another Dealership, 

you can Buy a 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty', 1 year or 2 years from Skoda, or maybe direct from Car Care Plan for less money.

There's a letter from Skoda with it that confirms the 5 year warranty.It's definitely transferable,unlike some (Vauxhall?),but I don't know what formalities are involved.No paperwork regarding the free service but the fact is recorded on Skoda's service system.

• Like 1

There's a letter from Skoda with it that confirms the 5 year warranty.It's definitely transferable,unlike some (Vauxhall?),but I don't know what formalities are involved.No paperwork regarding the free service but the fact is recorded on Skoda's service system.

servce is recorded against the car, so new owner sometimes get a surprise same as my brother did when the bill for his service was 0 as had a plan on it and even the selling dealer was not aware of it.

Pricey car though based on what i just paid

And it turns out that they're not too keen to actually sell it. My Dad phoned them Saturday and agreed to come and see it Sunday. About half an hour later got a call back "Sorry, it's not in stock until Monday or Tuesday we'll let you know when its in".  Still no call from them and they've missed out now as we've found another one for him which he picks up next week.