Headlight lens polishing

jimbof

One of my headlights was replaced a couple of years ago and is crystal clear, however the other is as old as the car and starting to be a bit grotty, discoloured and has a slight crazing to the touch.  Anyone successfully polished these and not had to do it again a couple of weeks later?  From what I understand, if you polish it and don't apply a coating of some sort they go again very quickly.

Mine were done just before I collected the Ed100 3 months ago, they are still pretty clear but you can see them just starting to go again, once polished and the UV coating has been polished away you are on a sloppy slope.

I keep meaning to see if I can a pair of replacements and then swap the lenses over (mine are xenon’s) 

Once polished properly they will not go bad again inside two weeks, two years maybe because you are sanding away the original UV coating.  I do have some stuff to put on lights after sanding which is meant to be re-apply the UV protection the light once had. :)

As for the normal sanding and polishing technique, I have done more than a few in my time. :D

• Like 1

Once polished properly they will not go bad again inside two weeks, two years maybe because you are sanding away the original UV coating. I do have some stuff to put on lights after sanding which is meant to be re-apply the UV protection the light once had. :)

As for the normal sanding and polishing technique, I have done more than a few in my time. :D

What he said!

I've done a handful and they do start to slowly go again unless a UV Sealant is applied!

Mine were done just before I collected the Ed100 3 months ago, they are still pretty clear but you can see them just starting to go again, once polished and the UV coating has been polished away you are on a sloppy slope.

I keep meaning to see if I can a pair of replacements and then swap the lenses over (mine are xenon’s)

Sand and polish back again and apply some UV Sealant you should be fine then :)