New Superb and (carseatcovers.co.uk)

Taken delivery of a new Superb Estate with the ivory leather and to that point have ordered a set of beige seat covers from carseatcovers.co.uk..

But they haven't turned up... okay it was only 10 days ago, but on phoning - line is not recognized :thumbdown: and all their email addresses are coming back as MS Outlook undeliverable.... :envy:

Couple of points... as in anyone else had a problem here..? (e-customer-satisfaction.com is littered with dissatisified punters)... or if me glass is half full.... anyone had any luck with these guys..?

If it comes to nothing, any recommendations to (beige waterproof) covers would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

Edited by Agent X20

The leather definitely cleans easy enough as mannyo says. I managed to get grease and oil on mine recently and they cleaned back ok. On one hand the leather will be protected when you come to sell by using the covers it but it's a shame to cover up those new leather seats. Of course you may have good reason if there is likely to be very heavy soiling etc. Not sure what happens to those covers if the heated seats are engaged for instance, are they specifically designed for heated seats as I assume you have heated seats?

Thanks for the replies, I wasnt looking for a permanent solution, more those times when prevention is better than doing nothing... e.g. Soggy days in the Lake District.. :rain: kids covered in sun tan oil.. :sun: weekend diy... :angel:  that sorta thing.. just thought a pair of £40 beige ones was rather more subtle than some of the covers available.. :D

She has heated seats ( after I found where the switch was.. :) )

Any recommendations  to cleaning agents..? We use the Leather master Leather soft cleaner on the suite which is about £25 a bottle which I thought would suffice.... it was more was there anything folks put on their seats to prevent the marking in the first place.. i.e Scotchguard..?

Have a look at Seat and boot covers at Rhino mats. There based near Leicester, I haven't purchased anything off them (yet) but quite a few Briskie members have. When I get my new superb estate I defiantly will be doing. Hth.

Thanks for the replies, I wasnt looking for a permanent solution, more those times when prevention is better than doing nothing... e.g. Soggy days in the Lake District.. :rain: kids covered in sun tan oil.. :sun: weekend diy... :angel: that sorta thing.. just thought a pair of £40 beige ones was rather more subtle than some of the covers available.. :D

She has heated seats ( after I found where the switch was.. :) )

Any recommendations to cleaning agents..? We use the Leather master Leather soft cleaner on the suite which is about £25 a bottle which I thought would suffice.... it was more was there anything folks put on their seats to prevent the marking in the first place.. i.e Scotchguard..?

Dr Leather wipes are popular on here. Easy to use, I keep them in the car so can clean up the really bad stuff straight away.

Sun tan lotion is nasty stuff, especially on the plastics, and can ruin your paint work. I only ever oil the kids up after the journey and away from the car...

I ordered covers from them for the back seat. It did take about a month for them to turn up and they never replied to my email. But I must say I am pleased with them when they turned up. Mine are semi-tailored but fit quite well and I can still split the back seat. They make them to order which might explain why they take a while to arrive.

Thanks all for the responses..there were a couple of positives amongst all the negative reviews but you tend to think thats the company making a couple of positive statements to keep the funds coming in... Dr Leather sounds like an investment... ( Sun tan oil is a nasty, I had to have seat covers on the fist Superb as they were Alcantara... the seat covers went with the car..)

anyway.......

Homer Simpson moment...... !!

doh2.jpg

Wonder if you can buy Tour De France seatcovers separately from Skoda...?? bet they are..... :$$$:

If that dont work out, it might be Rhino mats... :)

• 2 weeks later...

No the site is down.

The owner of the site has the same surname as the place of business..quite surprising. (simon crewe)

the business appears to be called "sj custom car seat covers" wonder if the s in sj is for simon and the j is for a different surname.

Searching on google gives a warning that some results may have been removed.

01925 631739 is the phone number for said business.

Could all just be coincidence and they may be a victim of their own success.

as a slight side, this information was harder to find on google than it used to be.. in fact I had to go a backward route to get the registration details, another example of how google seems to have lost its way. no where near as annoying as having american  results first in searches on google uk.

Covers are garbage, some of the lads have fitted some "leather" ones at work, custom made for the car @ £200 a set, the "leather is wearing on the in out edge already and they stretch so they don't hug and makes it look like the seats are 60's pvc from a Ford Anglia van.

Best to source a good cleaner and sealer product, keep the car looking gratifying and the seats the original colour.

No the site is down.

The owner of the site has the same surname as the place of business..quite surprising. (simon crewe)

the business appears to be called "sj custom car seat covers" wonder if the s in sj is for simon and the j is for a different surname.

Searching on google gives a warning that some results may have been removed.

01925 631739 is the phone number for said business.

Could all just be coincidence and they may be a victim of their own success.

as a slight side, this information was harder to find on google than it used to be.. in fact I had to go a backward route to get the registration details, another example of how google seems to have lost its way. no where near as annoying as having american  results first in searches on google uk.

If you search google.com instead of google.co.uk you'll find all the results that have been removed from the EU versions as a result of the EU right to be forgotten. Use the link below to get google.com instead of google.co.uk.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl