Cross threaded sump plug....

willmag

It is very common on these due to the aluminium sump and steel bolt.

You have two options:

1. Replace the sump

2. Helicoil the hole

The same also happened on my previous car. Seat Cordoba PD130. There was absolutely no oil leaking out so I left it and bought a Pela oil extractor!

Phil

Ahh thanks guys. Yeah there's nothing leaking out so i may (for now) just get one of those oil extractors as the oil really needs replacing!! replacing the sump does seem like the best option. Is it simple enough to do at home?? i'll need to get my hands on a torque wrench though.

The same also happened on my previous car. Seat Cordoba PD130. There was absolutely no oil leaking out so I left it and bought a Pela oil extractor!

Phil

Been thinking of buying a oil extractor, what's your opinion on it? :)

That looks very cheap. I had mine replace this year and it was £57.50 + VAT and that was the cheapest the garage could get it. I don't know what make it was, the code on receipt says 'SP 0101'.