jacking point for trolley jack?

If I need to put the front end up on axle stands what is the best way and safe points to place the axle stands?

Is there a central point at the front of the chassis to raise it with a trolley jack to get the axle stands under?

Looking at this set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Ton-Hydraulic-Trolley-Floor-Jack-Pair-3-Ton-Axle-Stands-Car-Van-Vehicle-/400707640948?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item5d4c095e74

There is a sticky above that covered this subject but the drawings/photos have been deleted. Luckily I made a copy of the official jacking places after suffering a bent sill seam at a tyre fitting place. Last Friday I bought four new tyres and made sure the work experience lad had a copy and I explained exactly where the trolley jack should go. I also showed him the bent sill as example of not to it.. [no I am not a control freak just someone who has suffered from tyre places too many times before]. Pity he did not know that the yellow dot on the tyre goes next to the valve....!

The good news is that I have a Word file of the original document which I will gladly send to you in .pdf, word 97 or .odt format if you PM me.

Mike

that jack is rubbish....I have one,it will jack up the car just enough to get the wheel half an inch off the gound

Thanks for the tip.

I heard the 3 ton jacks rise much further.

I got 1 of these after having problems getting my 2 tonne trolley jack to lift my vRS high enough off the ground. It takes a bit of pumping but it raises the car much higher. Many get a hockey puck too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/121042677088?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0