D/A for beginner

gav21041981

Hi guys i am looking at getting a da polisher in the near future i have been looking at the das6 pro and the das21e as they are similar prices.

Would they be suitable for a beginner? Or are there any alternatives that would be better suited?

Thanks gav

Both are suitable IMO

The DAS-21 is heavier but is more efficient and better suited to more regular use

The DAS6-Pro is a nice light machine and good for light swirl removal and application of glazes as well as the occasional scratch correction

I would decide how much youre going to use it and then make the decision

Both are suitable IMO

The DAS-21 is heavier but is more efficient and better suited to more regular use

The DAS6-Pro is a nice light machine and good for light swirl removal and application of glazes as well as the occasional scratch correction

I would decide how much youre going to use it and then make the decision

I would certainly agree with the above in relation to your question Gav.

The added weight on the CYC DAS-21e (and Autobrite DA-21) actually makes it easier to use on the main panels.

The extra weight in the machine itself helps steady the motion and feels very balance in use;

unlike a traditional DA which is much lighter and dances around more - if that makes sense.

• Like 1

I've got a DAS6 Pro mate and its worked well for me. I'm in Sheffield too, and I'm off this week. If you'd like to pop over and have a butchers, even try it out on a panel, drop me a PM.

Great idea and nice of you to offer. Nothing better than trying before you buy!  :thumbup:

I would certainly agree with the above in relation to your question Gav.

The added weight on the CYC DAS-21e (and Autobrite DA-21) actually makes it easier to use on the main panels.

The extra weight in the machine itself helps steady the motion and feels very balance in use;

unlike a traditional DA which is much lighter and dances around more - if that makes sense.

Couldn't agree with this more, I felt the DA 21e at waxstock and thought this is much heavier than my das6. But when I tried it on a test bonnet at the show it was the exact opposite! In motion it becomes lighter and almost vibration free.

I'm a complete novice and I wish I had bought this before the DAS6 the.

Exactly, £50 cheaper and the ability to use a wider range of backing plates. Its a win win.

I would go for;

DAS6 Pro

Sonax EX04-06 Polish

Lake Country Microfibre Pads (5.25" and 3.25")

3" backing plate.

• Like 3

DAS6-Pro as you can use smaller backing plates. No point have a 21 without a smaller machine because you won't be able to get into tight areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, £50 cheaper and the ability to use a wider range of backing plates. Its a win win.

I would go for;

DAS6 Pro

Sonax EX04-06 Polish

Lake Country Microfibre Pads (5.25" and 3.25")

3" backing plate.

I think if you put aside the question of which is the better machine.

If you only were allowed one piece of Kit, I would have to agree that at DAS6 Pro with a selection of pads and backing plates is probably the most utilitarian option.

• Like 3

I got the das6 pro from cyc in July and I am very impressed. Not done the whole car yet but taken little marks and scratches out very easily. To make the whole car swirl free you would need a lot of time. I got the megs 105/205 and the cg hex logic pads in a kit. Sure you won't be disappointed with any of the machine your looking at.

• Like 2

Without turning this into a complete and shameless thread hijack if one was to purchase the DAS6pro on the DW gb and also partake of the prospective pads buy the Samuir (Ste?)  looks to be putting in place what else would be needed for a middle of road starter DA kit?     Race blue octavia which is fine, light blue-grey fiesta that is a little swirly and a battered white citroen van which is looking like a cracking no risk test platform at the mo. 

What sort of saving is to be had picking up a second hand machine, the few that I have seen have been pricier than I would have expected compared to the £100 group buy.

• Like 1

All you would need is your choice of polish really. As long as you already have to stuff to fully clean and decontaminate your paint. Beware you will want lots more though, snow foam, nice micro fibres clothes, better wash mitts, more waxes than you could use in your lifetime, light sources, bigger garage, more buckets...

• Like 3

I don't want to hijack this thread or detail it. Sorry in advance if it seems like that.

Is this item on eBay (371149969468) a better than nothing bargain or a waste of money?

Secondly, would it be suitable for a beginner?