Just replaced my MG ZTT with a Yeti - Love it, but need some help!

HappyIdiotTalk

Welcome.

The little button on the B post is to turn off the internal alarm sensors, such as when you are on the ferry.

Turn off engine.

Remove key

Open drivers door

Press button

Close all doors

Lock car with remote.

All external alarm now set but no internal sensors.

Can also be used if you leave pets or the wife in the car and want to lock it.

Can't help on the other items, sorry.

My exact original posting, complete with no grammatical error!! 

I blame Kenny.  :notme:  :angel:

• Like 2

I experimented with swapping the bluetooth module in my 2010 Yeti to get the AVRCP profile (amongst other things).  It doesn't need recoding.

The Skoda 5K0035730 wasn't easy to source at the time so I got a VW 7P6035730 instead, off eBay.  It cost me ~£100.  AFAIK it's functionally the same as the 5K0035730: it plugs straight in to the harness under the driver's seat (so you can save money by buying a used one, without a wiring harness) and it works with the Bolero and Maxidot exactly the same as the Skoda unit.  The one difference I could see was that it announces itself as a VW device when you search for it using your phone's bluetooth scan.

I got the J version of the 7P6035730 which I was led to believe would support AVRCP, but still got no transport control or media browsing via the steering wheel controls or the Bolero.  I sold the 7P6035730 on eBay for what I paid for it, so no loss apart from seller fees.

As far as I can tell from researching the subject previously you are correct that you would need the E, F or later versions of the 5K0035730 to get AVRCP.  But you might need more - maybe an updated Bolero as well (which would need a recode, I believe).  It would be worth verifying that your Android device supports AVRCP as well before heading down this road: my understanding is that native Android didn't support AVRCP 1.3 until v4.3 - Google lagged behind Apple in that respect.  Some manufacturers eg Samsung provided AVRCP earlier by using their own bluetooth stack (but going by my experience trying to use a Samsung phone with the Yeti bluetooth system - and that of some others reported in this forum - Samsung's bluetooth implementation doesn't always work reliably with the VAG bluetooth module.)

In summary: you could experiment by sourcing a used VW or Skoda bluetooth module of the correct version through eBay.  It's easy to install, and if it doesn't work, you should be able to sell it on to recoup most of the cost.

Edit: Just checked eBay and there seem to be no 5K0035730s listed later than version D.  There are a couple of 7P6035730s listed at version M, and around the same price I paid when I experimented.

(I've just realised that my tablet is running Android 4.3, so it might even be worth me trying the experiment again with one of those M boxes...)

Hi guys!

I'm also trying to figure this out (to get the steering wheel to do prev/skip). This is my setup:

BT module:

5K0 035 730 E
HW: H09
SW: 2902
Model: UHV
HCD: SJA 45/11
S/N: 7661135007

Amundsen:
Part no: 3T0035191A
SW: 0357
HW: H19

I was quite surprised that it didn't work since I have a E version. But I read somewhere that you also need a SW version > 3000?

I emailed this seller on eBay, and he said that I would need a 3C8...D to get it to work. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEU-VW-Premium-Bluetooth-3C8035730-D-RNS-510-310-MFD-3-SKODA-SEAT-2014-/141433973141?pt=Technik_Auto_Hi_Fi_Navigation_Einbau_Navigationssysteme&hash=item20ee1f2995

Have any of you tried this? Do you think that would need recoding?

Note: I use Android 4.4.4 on a Nexus device. Also my wife's iPhone 5 doesn't work either.

Edited by sumo89

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I'm also trying to figure this out (to get the steering wheel to do prev/skip). This is my setup:

BT module:

5K0 035 730 E
HW: H09
SW: 2902
Model: UHV
HCD: SJA 45/11
S/N: 7661135007

Amundsen:
Part no: 3T0035191A
SW: 0357
HW: H19

I was quite surprised that it didn't work since I have a E version. But I read somewhere that you also need a SW version > 3000?

I emailed this seller on eBay, and he said that I would need a 3C8...D to get it to work. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEU-VW-Premium-Bluetooth-3C8035730-D-RNS-510-310-MFD-3-SKODA-SEAT-2014-/141433973141?pt=Technik_Auto_Hi_Fi_Navigation_Einbau_Navigationssysteme&hash=item20ee1f2995

Have any of you tried this? Do you think that would need recoding?

Note: I use Android 4.4.4 on a Nexus device. Also my wife's iPhone 5 doesn't work either.

Did you manage to get yours working?  I've just received my E version of the BT module that I ordered from Turkey... but still no dice!  Very disappointed.  :swear:

Reading this lot, it looks like you need a degree in radio coms to use the wireless. Thank God I don't, nor any other mobile devices in the car!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you manage to get yours working?  I've just received my E version of the BT module that I ordered from Turkey... but still no dice!  Very disappointed.  :swear:

No, I haven't received any feedback from the seller, so I haven't ordered it yet... :/