Anyone using an iPhone 6 with a Yeti?

davehutch

Mine is a 2010 with GSM II I think. Maybe the GSM implementation changed by 2012?

Also, mine is a Bolero. Should have said that originally

Edited by davehutch

Taking a look at the Amundsen manual it can support GSM II and III but I have no idea what the 6 uses. I know there have been a number of reports of iOS 8 (all supported iPhones) and problems with in-car Bluetooth stereos. I guess I've been lucky!

Found this:

"The good news is, some users have said that updating to the just-released iOS 8.1 beta has resolved their Bluetooth woes, so there’s a good chance the update includes a fix. 8.1 is only available to registered developers right now, but we’re expecting it to launch publicly soon."

iOS 8.1 is out at some point on Monday (20th) so let's hope it fixes your issues.

I had the same problem and searched the iPhone forums and now believe the problem is indeed due to IOS 8.02, and promised to be fixed in 8.1.  However, until this released, the advice is to "Reset all settings" on the iPhone.  I did this on mine and the problem has been fixed with the proper network signal being registered on the car display.  I did this a couple of weeks ago and it has been fine since then.  You will have to reset certain settings such as WiFi passwords on the iPhone, but nothing too taxing.  I am hoping IOS 8.1 doesn't undo this fix.

Good luck.

David

I have a 60 reg Superb with a Columbus. I was able to pair my iPhone 6 but only after I deleted my old 4S. Before that, it said that it couldn't recognise the new phone. So I gave the iPhone 6 a different name from my old phone and, hey presto, it paired.