Skoda fabia R5/S2000 rally headlights

Ant-Vrs

As anybody notice that the headlights on the rally cars are a little different to the road cars? Still the black headlights but not with the projectors in them.

Does anybody know if you can get theses?

Here a picture of them, let me know what you think

f6849fd6613a52dbafaeee97baede466.jpg

Ant

You might be able to get them but as with all rally parts they will be very expensive.

I like the look of them and I was even considering to modify mine to make them look similar but I'm not sure I got the patience now.

Because I saw them from up close at the Acropolis Rally last year the side ones are LED lights and the main ones use just a plain deflector no projectors etc.

Probably the important factor is ease of changing Units or Bulbs on the Rally Cars.

?

Anyone have any idea yet what Body Shape the 2015 R5 1.6 T Skodas will be using in Rallying.

Is it the 'All New 3rd Generation Fabia' or some other like a Rapid Spaceback?

Maybe the reveal to catch the Media attention will be part of the Launch of the All New 3rd Generation Fabia in the UK,

then also unveil the 'All New Monte Carlos' to be launched in the UK, available with all the Engine Range to a really Sporty one with Fizz

& a maximum 108 ps.

Anyone have any idea yet what Body Shape the 2015 R5 1.6 T Skodas will be using in Rallying.

Is it the 'All New 3rd Generation Fabia' or some other like a Rapid Spaceback?

Definitely Fabia MKIII hatchback.

• Like 1

Thanks for that link.

Just thinking how much Publicity Skoda could have had by using a 3rd Generation Fabia Estate (Combi) Body Shape.

A successful Rally car getting the type of Publicity and attention Volvo did in BTCC back when.

Obviously VW will be trying to get Publicity from Rallying a AWD Polo for the new FWD Polo GTI,

but then that is really presently just to similar to the Fabias that were already winning.

They really do need to buck up their ideas because their Media & Promotions are a bit Lame. JMO Obviously.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

No need for an estate shape - these cars need to be small and agile. That is the reason all top manufacturers that enter rally championships have dropped saloons for smaller hatchbacks.

As for VW competing it is clear that the Germans got jealous of the Czech success with the Fabia and had to prove they can do it too and better and since they pull the strings they made a WRC version of the Polo to be on a league of their own in the group.

They based all their success on the years of experience and know-how from the Czechs, they simply needed to add a more powerful turbo engine and they were done. The first WRC Polos were actually Fabias testing the new engine. 

That is also the reason why we will never probably see a WRC Fabia, because they are jealous ******s.

• Like 1

Ye, I was not being serous on the Estate,

obviously it is longer, but since VW will not want them to have too much success, tail happy could be fun to watch.

But i did think Skoda could make a Longer Rally Car lighter,

they have the know how,

with the Mk2 road going  vRS estates they had them actually 277 mm (9 3/4") longer with more material obviously ,

yet magically lighter than the visibly shorter hatch...

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIC

Edited by goneoffSKi