Recommended air filters for my monte?

ang9444

Hi,

I want to change my OEM air filter and wanted something like a K&N filter which is a performance air filter but I have read some reviews and some are saying it lets too much dirt through due to the high air flow and can pollute the engine more than an OEM filter so I was wondering if there are any alternatives to a K&N filter which increase performance (even if it's minimal) and also sound a little bit better (maybe a cone filter?)

Thanks

Have a little search of the Forum.

There have been many threads regarding air filters.

I personally would upgrade to an full induction kit rather than a 'performance' air filter.

okay will do, does an induction kit void/affect the warranty at all? I've still got two years left of warranty and don't want to do anything to affect it

Unless you are modding your car seriously and mapping it for much more power (EQUALS AIR FLOW) no point in "performance" air filters. The only difference you might see if with wide open throttle ONLY.

Cost of such a filter compared to potential performance increase is not worth it. You'd be better off changing OEM filter every 4-6 months to keep the engine in tip top condition and flowing good air. 

Air filter may affect your warranty and will certainly have to be declared to your insurer's.

Invest your money into handling mods first, than power.

• Like 3

Unless you are modding your car seriously and mapping it for much more power (EQUALS AIR FLOW) no point in "performance" air filters. The only difference you might see if with wide open throttle ONLY.

Cost of such a filter compared to potential performance increase is not worth it. You'd be better off changing OEM filter every 4-6 months to keep the engine in tip top condition and flowing good air. 

Air filter may affect your warranty and will certainly have to be declared to your insurer's.

Invest your money into handling mods first, than power.

okay will do, will save up for a RARB then or springs...

• Like 1