New Philips X-treme vision bulbs

after fitting my new xtreme vision H1's as my main beam i'm very impressed.

The bulb only has a blue tip so it doesn't look white/blue but on halogen bulbs this means you get more visibility. This is because the bulbs with blue coating have part of the spectrum cut out to create the "white" light and thus you loose output.

Distance is very good, much further than my old philips diamond vision bulbs and leads me to believe the 130%+ claim is true.

For those not wanting to jump on the aftermarket hid bandwagon i'd highly recommend these for H1 (main beam) and H7 (dipped) applications.

I will say that when buying them make sure they are the new one. You will find loads on ebay for about £10, these are not the new model and around £20. The new model has 130% written on the box and the fact its new on a red sticker, those without are the old model which have less performance (ive used those aswell)

Edited by ryan-re

I bought Bosch equivalents to the H7 (+130%) for my Fabia and they are excellent and massively better than the standard spec H7. They weren't cheap but they were worth it for dark winter driving. I feel much safer as I can see more of the road.