DSG Gearknob Styles

Zukabak

Alright Folks,

So, after loving my Mk1 Octy VRS so much (13 years old, 48k miles) I've decided that I'm due an upgrade.

Looked at loads of cars and decided on a mint SuperB which I'm picking up at the weekend.. with all of the luxuries than my big red fun bus is missing.. including the DSG box.

Now to the question, most of the MkII's I test drove had the big ugly 'Jumbo Jet Throttle' gearknob.. but the one I've bought doesn't, it's a much smaller knob *ooh err missus*. It's not a facelifted model (although it's a MY13 car).. so what's the deal with the smaller gearknob?!

I can't seem to find any info online, but the one in mine looks like it's a newer style than expected.. is this because it's in a strange crossover build month or something?

Thanks!

Cool, just want to make sure that it's nothing a bit odd.. as all the other non-FL DSG ones I saw had the huge shifter.

AFAIK the last run of the pre FL models got the gear knob from the FL model.  I have seen this on models registered from around April to June 2013.  All FL models obviously got the neater looking one from then on. 

• Like 1

Maybe answered my own question..... Found a topic on an Audi forum saying that the old style DSG knob on an A3 can be changed for a new style slim one....... But they cost a few hundred quid and if you don't fit it perfectly you can end up with a bill three or four times larger to sort it out!!!!

Think I'll stick with the old style one. :)

• Like 1