Rear Wiper Arm Torn off by 5 yr old in fit of rAgE!

Yes, really it happened. Along with a catalogue of other minor niggles with this vehicle recently (Detached reverse sensor wiring, failed tailgate strut etc etc).

I am therefore trying to find a replacement arm.

I ordered one on ebay after carefully selecting the make, model, variant, year, engine etc... Part came and they sent what I think is the Estate one (it's a few inches too long), they reckon they don't do that part. All the usual suspects appear to not stock rear wiper blades let alone wiper arms (GSF  / Euro CP etc).

The old part is: 6Y6 955 704

Any ideas for cost effectively tracking down a suitable replacement arm and blade? Gonna give the local dealer a buzz in a moment to see if they are reasonably priced.

Many thanks.

Yup, I have a Leon and that takes a rear Fabia arm (I recall heeding advice to get the hatchback one as the estate one is too long).

Local dealer wants £20.17 + vat just for the arm and it's a back order item with a 12 working day lead time :(

Back to ebay, hopefully for a better experience with a different seller.

This 5 year old. A real 5 year old? Or a temporary insanity resulting in the mental and emotional capacity of one? :)

One of my favourite-est topics EVER on Briskoda.

Edited by vindaloo
  • Like 1