Help needed

Hi everyone

I've a 2005 1.9 superb

Having various electrical issues and my mechanic is seeing pound signs after scanning it and seeing the codes.

Just can't afford him doing it.

I've got the seat stuck, light warning in dash, no internal lights and alarm has issues now and then.

Have had water ingress nd dried out under passenger seat but now at a loss and need my car working for work.

Can anyone help me?

I'm in Newhaven I'm Sussex and am really struggling as to what to do next.

Thanks in advance

What codes are showing up?

With the water ingress, have you replaced any corroded wiring nodes, or checked inside the CCM to see if it's sustained water damage?

There's a fairly significant thread pinned at the top of this section by Baker21 which covers what to do:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/152490-water-ingress-problemsolved/

Gaz

I hope you've already fixed the water ingress itself. 

There are a lot of cables below the carpet. The first thing that breaks due to the water are points where the cables are clamped together. They might look fine from the outside, but once you'll open them there won't be much left but verdigris.

Unfortunately I'm unable to find the photos I took of said faulty connectors, but I think you will know what's going on once you see the green stuff...

Personally, I soldered the cables back together after removing everything that looked faulty. After that I isolated everything as good as I could with heat shrinking tubes.

Edited by nafetss

I've found a good how to on the Internet so going to follow that and has pics.I unblocked the scuttles and removed the bungs. I dried it all under carpet but as works looked ok I didn't unravel. Mistake is assuming as they looked ok.

Just need the electric seat to work as currently set to my wife's 5ft nothing position where as I'm over 6ft so cant get in. Can I assume the seat wiring is of the same wires under the passenger seat with all the others??

Any help on that would be good.

Do you have a memory seat? If so then it has a separate control unit which you can scan for codes.

The passenger side is "dumb" - it just gets power and the switches drive the motors directly. But the driver seat is "intelligent"...

If you are trying to work out what is connected to what, one of the best things you can do is download the proper electical wiring diagrams from the Skoda ERWIN service. It will cost you about a fiver, but in that time you can download all the manuals for your car in PDF format and have them forever. There is a lot of it, mind - I think the wiring diagrams run to over a thousand pages.

I've not personally had to work out what is wrong with it as mine all work, but that is how I'd approach the problem.

• Like 1

Well. Four hours later and I have the seat working, lights working etc.

Was wet again. Full tube of silicone on the pollen filter seal which will hopefully stop the water.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1