Yeti Delivery Delays...

jellemr

Hi All,

Newbie here, so please be gentle with me!

The other half and I test drove and very happily placed an order on a new Yeti Outdoor 4x4 (2ltr 170 Elegance manual / petrol blue) on the 14th of April.

We were told the vehicle we requested was "in stock" (we didn't specify and options which would have meant having one built), and were therefore told to expect the car to be ready by the end of the month (i.e. yesterday). At the time I thought this was a little optimistic....

So, here we are, 17 days later, and the car is still sat on the dock at Emden apparently waiting to be scheduled for shipping..

I'm guessing my "end of the month" is realistically going to be missed by at least another week or two at best.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether I'm just being impatient, or whether I should be kicking up a fuss (or if there's anything I can actually do about it?)?!

Cheers

Matthew

Delivery delays have been discussed in the Octavia forum recently. Basically there's nothing your dealer or Skoda UK can do to speed things up. You maybe be able to get some toys (mats, tank of fuel etc) as an apologie if these aren't already included in your deal.

Hi All,

Newbie here, so please be gentle with me!

The other half and I test drove and very happily placed an order on a new Yeti Outdoor 4x4 (2ltr 170 Elegance manual / petrol blue) on the 14th of April.

We were told the vehicle we requested was "in stock" (we didn't specify and options which would have meant having one built), and were therefore told to expect the car to be ready by the end of the month (i.e. yesterday). At the time I thought this was a little optimistic....

So, here we are, 17 days later, and the car is still sat on the dock at Emden apparently waiting to be scheduled for shipping..

I'm guessing my "end of the month" is realistically going to be missed by at least another week or two at best.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether I'm just being impatient, or whether I should be kicking up a fuss (or if there's anything I can actually do about it?)?!

Cheers

Matthew

"In stock" seems to mean available in the UK for allocation. That time scale may seem to be excessive when you're waiting but look on the bright side, when I ordered my first Yeti I had to wait to wait 6 months as many others will agree. :devil:

As to "the end of the month" comment, did they say which month? :giggle:

I think the only people you could possible kick a fuss with are Eddie Stobart as they do most of the car deliveries now.

Fred

"In stock" seems to mean available in the UK for allocation. That time scale may seem to be excessive when you're waiting but look on the bright side, when I ordered my first Yeti I had to wait to wait 6 months as many others will agree. :devil:

As to "the end of the month" comment, did they say which month? :giggle:

I think the only people you could possible kick a fuss with are Eddie Stobart as they do most of the car deliveries now.

Fred

That's very true.

My issue I suppose, is that based on the time scale we were quoted, we went ahead with the deal and made arrangements for my current car, which are now becoming less probable.

I think it's probably unfair to kick off with Eddie Stobart given that the car isn't even in the country yet ;)

Cheers

Matthew

I used to tell my salesman "Don't over-promise & under deliver". Clearly this has happened in your case. OK Delays happen but were you given a definite delivery date expectation?

If so you'll definitely be able to get some extras.... 3 yr service plan? Extended Warranty? They don't cost the dealer much and PR wise it would be worth their while. PUSH FOR IT.

Good luck.

• Like 1

My dealer gave me a courtesy car when I found myself carless awaiting delivery of the Yeti. Worth asking.

• Like 1

Well, update for this week!

Was told on Tuesday that the car was now in the country!

Was told this morning that Eddie Stobart "think" they can deliver it to the dealer by the end of next week......

So by the time you get a stock car you will have probably waited 7 weeks.

Have you considered telling them they may keep it in the garage/dealership storage until the new registration is out.

Could be a worthwhile bargaining tool.

Colin

So by the time you get a stock car you will have probably waited 7 weeks.

Have you considered telling them they may keep it in the garage/dealership storage until the new registration is out.

Could be a worthwhile bargaining tool.

Colin

???

15 reg has been out for over a month.

I think around 5 weeks, assuming the car does arrive at the dealers next Friday and that we can then take ownership a few days after?

But you're right, it would be worth considering...unfortunately my current car will soon be in need of new tires and brake pads / disks (hence wanting a stock car in the first place!), so whatever I'd gain with a "new reg" I'd be losing in paying out on the current car.

Life's too short! If it's what you want and your current car will cost a lot soon, then the new registration is not worth the bother. The difference in value when you come to sell/px it will be negligible. It wasn't even worth it, in my opinion, when there was 12 months between registrations.

Fred 

Very true Fred, and as I said, having to spend out on my current car shortly is what has increased the urgency with this.

Update for today, finance documents and a registration number emailed to me, all with a start date of 15th (next Friday)...am hoping this means the dealer is confident that the car will be ready for collection then :)

Gonna be a long week waiting!

• Like 1

Being a seasoned Skoda buyer, expect the following.

Once a car is built then you should be quoted deliver of 3-4 weeks from factory to pickup, this can be quicker if the car gets straight onto a boat an Emden, & the dealer is quick to notice it has arrived & requests delivery immediately.

My quickest from factory to key in hand is 2 weeks, slowest is 4 as the car sat at emden for a 10 days, waiting for a slot on the boat.

Enjoy the Yeti.

Thought I'd update you all, we collected our lovely yeti outdoor (4x4 170ps Elegance) in the lovely petrol blue on Saturday.

So far so very good, we're loving everything about the car, and it seems a lot of complete strangers are too, given the number of comments we've had so far in two days!!

• Like 1