Most reliable VAG diesel engine overall from 2006 to 2010 ? (excluding the 1.9 PD TDI with BXE code)

I'll be sad to see my 07 Octavia Elegance go soon, a 1.9 PD TDI with a dreaded BXE engine that spat out a conrod, as actually it was a great family car. Perfect sized interior for my family, huge boot and quite a nice drive. I'm getting the train to work at the moment but I expect that somewhen during the summer I'll buy another used Octavia with a diesel engine.

So considering that BXE's obviously have a design fault with all of the supporting evidence on the Internet, that the manufacturer will not acknowledge, if purchasing a Skoda with a registration date between 2006 and 2010 which diesel engine would others consider to be the most reliable especialy if expecting the car to hit 180/200,000 miles ?.

Thanks.

Edited by Fatboy40

I have a 2005/55 BKC with 175k at the moment. Brilliant car[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gav_is_con

Others opinions seem to imply that both the BXE and BLS engine codes can suffer with the conrod issue, the BKC does seem to be the one with greater reliability ?.

So if summer 2015 I buy another used Octavia Elegance it looks like the newest I can get is early 2006 as post this it will be a BXE or a BLS ?.

Mines done quite a few 4k rpm runs, and sits on motorway most of the time (higher RPM) but no conrod issues! Could be the fact I use fixed service intervals even with 507 oil. Never been to keen on the 20k/2year option.

2.0 TDI 103 kw/320Nm BKD with head revision C. No DPF, still Euro 4, 6l city/motorway long-time and 6st gearbox (2500rpm at 140km/h)?

Edited by karlos1987