Parking sensors not working + easy entry

Mtelling

Hi there.

I just got my Citigo yesterday. I've bought a used Elegance 75BHP 3D version and i love it already.

It does have two issues though. 

The first one might be easy. After using the easy entry system to get into the back seats, the front seats doesn't return to their prior setting. They go all the way back, so i have to set the seat up from scratch each time. Is this normal? 

The other one is the parking sensors. When setting the car in reverse there is a pretty long beep, but then nothing. The stereo volume is unchanged and no sensor beeping. If i hold my ear up to the sensors while in reverse, i can hear the sensors making those clicking sounds they should. Makes me think they work but something electric is off? 

Have any of you got any ideas? 

I hope you can help :)

Edited by Mtelling

Have you tried adjusting the volume whilst in reverse?

No. I'll do that asap.

What year is your Citigo? Could explain the seats then

It's first registered 07/2012, but as far as i know it's the 2013 model. It was bought 10/2012 by the previous owner. 

Long beep means that parking sensors are not working. Are sensors painted (with wrong paint by previous owner)? They comes unpainted from the factory.

"Easy entry" means that seat distance adjustment is released when seat is tilted. Entering to back seat is easier. That's all.

"Easy entry with memory" means seat remembers previous distance when the seat was tilted.

Okay thanks for the answers :) I'll just have to adjust to it then :)

About the parking sensors - no they aren't painted over. The car is the original candy white and the parking sensors are the same with a black ring around.

• 2 months later...

I place a piece of grey tape on the stationary runner of the seat that lines up with a strut on the seat so I can put it back in the same place each time 

Simple but effective if you have to use the rear seats regular 

Easy Entry - this is normal. Easy entry means when You use knob the backseat and seat come together, without easy entry using knob means move backseat only.

Parking sensor - one beep means the sensor as activated and when come enough close to obstruction then they start beeping respectively to distance. When You come to close to obstruction sound will be constant. Beeps start about 45-50cm from obstruction and constant sound will be heared for distance 15-20cm.