Big turbo

Yes sorry i typed that wrong.

So have you heard of turbo failures from those that have remapped them to 130 bhp plus ?

There is a thread in the Yeti Projects and the car is getting put back to standard,

the member is maybe selling the bigger turbo and other parts, Intercooler etc

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/326591-2014-greenline-project-fastest-16tdi-in-the-uk/page-19

I agree with getting a remap first the 75hp TDi's gain a lot and have same hardware as the 105hp. I'm happy with my car and it doesn't feel strained at all :) just a idea. Sure the Yeti with the 1.6tdi is running a turbo off the 2.0 177hp. But that has had a lot of work along with the turbo.

The 1.6 diesel Yeti with the Turbo swap is here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/326591-2014-greenline-project-fastest-16tdi-in-the-uk/?p=4177015

As said above, but seem set against the idea, a remap might be worth a try first.

The Turbo won't die after a remap if you get a reputable company like Shark to do the work as it's done within safe levels and they have mapped a number of 1.6 CR diesels already.

To do the turbo swap correctly will require the intercooler, exhaust, turbo itself etc... so will cost way more than a another turbo if yours goes pop in 50,000 miles.

My 2.0 diesel was mapped to a bit over 200bhp 43,000 miles ago and has been completely faultless.  As have pretty much all of them on this forum.

If you go the big turbo route, keep us updated.  It's not that common on the 1.6 diesel.

Id stage one remap it too.

N then after that when you still want more (which you will. 130bhp still isnt much) id be weighing up the costs, advantages, disadvantages to get the kinda power you want.

Then id probably just sell it n buy a faster car.